Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations Cyrus83. 2016 is going to be an eventful year at your house!

2. lvie

Have you tried the cold recipe? It works really well.

1 person likes this.
  3. lvie

Hmmm Cluckies - does your DH like Mikes?

4. MinnesotaNice

MinnesotaNice Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2015
    Minnesota
    I haven't heard the spud term before. I just call it a chisel!

@duluthralphie , I'll have to venture to Togo sometime soon. I always enjoy checking out new fishing holes. When we were kids, we dragged a little boat my Grandpa bought from Sears in the 50's all over town to different lakes. I still have that piece of crap! It's not really sea worthy anymore, but I'd like to fix it up for my son.

DH's family has a cabin in Sauk Centre. I've never caught anything impressive in the lake their cabin is on, but it channels to Fairy Lake which has been good for sunnies and crappies. Anyways, his family despises northern. I grew up catching them, eating them, getting excited to catch them, you name it. His dad won't even touch them. I wasn't sure if I was amused or thinking ***. Lol, maybe both! They also don't clean fish. I had to teach my husband [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  5. lvie

Will a yacht fit on Eagle Lake?

6. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Okay. Whew on the German/Norwegian/Swede terminology.

I would like to think we had a nice honest guy come out and fix it. But you never know I guess. I'll keep the faith that that is what I needed for my own fragile state of mind. I'm already feeling guilty about said feather (dam the moult) possibly causing damage to that pump. I already have a new years resolution to check all pockets before doing laundry. As if I needed to add something like this to the pile of things to do. It might infringe on my BYC time, that's for certain.

7. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    We always called a heavy iron bar a spud bar. But we use it for fence post hold digging and such.

8. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

Anyone that wants a chick I will make sure they get one if I can. EJB is first though, he wants some pullets for the genetic variation, which makes sense.

9. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

I want to get a yacht so big Eagle lake fits on the yacht!

10. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

I find it amazing how many people despise Northerns. I have seen people just kill them and throw them back, Ticks me off so much I usually say something to them. And that is hard to believe because I am so quiet and keep my opinions to myself so often.

I clean a northern in 5 pieces so there are no bones in it anywhere. It is such a white heavy fish I love it! I have been trying to teach my wife to clean fish for 40 plus years. She is a very slow learner,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by