Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. erlibrd

erlibrd Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    Your kitties look happy! you probably know but I am going to say anyway... have you thought about spay/neuter ? they get sexually mature at an early age!!

2. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    You are a good advocate! We are waiting for the mobile spay/neuter clinic to come to town that offers to spay Feral cats for low fees

1 person likes this.
  3. MinnesotaNice

MinnesotaNice Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2015
    Minnesota
    They do shots as well, correct? My mom has a few barn cats she needs to get spayed/neutered.

4. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    I don't know about that. We drove to Iowa and got distemper shots and did that ourselves. You cannot but pet vaccines in MN for some reason. There is a law against it

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  5. Lelanae

Lelanae Chillin' With My Peeps

Some do. Where I am, the SPCA will do innoculations and neuter at a feral cat rate, but also has separate clinics and the neuter people usually are only that. Do find out. I rescued a feral kitten, who nipped me--and died three days later. I ended up getting the whole rabies vaccine series and my house cats came down with VS calici virus even though the kitten was quarenteened.
    They are ok now and so am I. Still sad about the kitten. He tamed down within an hour of finding out I was the source of food.

6. erlibrd

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    Where we live cats get dumped off I think from people in the cities. It's pretty sad. We have one now that was dumped along with 4 or 5 others he was the friendliest so were able to catch him, he was already fixed. A few years ago 2 others showed up and I took them to a vet that spays and neuters very cheap but it was like a 70 mile trip each way. Gave the female away and kept the male but he disappeared that same year, we think a fischer that had been hanging around got him. This past summer on my drive to work there was another 3 at least, that I saw 2 had been hit along the road and another very young cat hanging around the dead ones that I couldn't catch, day after day the poor kitty was wondering around the area. I saw someone else trying to get it but it was so scared. I hope it found a home eventually.
    .[​IMG]
    This is Pokey.

1 person likes this.
  7. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Looks just like 2 from my litter A friend of mine lives on one of the major county roads leaving town from the north and he always had animals and garbage dumped by his place and in his ditches. He figured out it was because his fields and house are approximately '1 cigarette length' from town Aka it takes the same amount of time to drive to his area as it does to finish one cigarette, dump their junk, light a new one and head home

8. erlibrd

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    Our other cat is orange/ginger like your Sherah[​IMG] This is Barney =^..^=

1 person likes this.
  9. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    OMG, that is horrible! I'm glad you all are ok! I'm sure the shots were not fun [​IMG]

10. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Well now, if were going to show cats, i'll have to throw mine out there! lol
    Katobi
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

That first photo, he is wide eyed from katnip, goes bananas!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by