Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    The 'Surviving Minnesota' thread... one of the few places on the web where people are excited about undercarriage shots of preggo cows :)

those are some good looking cattle!!

1 person likes this.
  2. erlibrd

erlibrd Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    Like she has a little cow caught between her legs [​IMG] Poor thing!!

3. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Rhetts, she does not look all that close up to me. Her rear is a tad swollen, but I would think her bag would be twice what it is when she gets close..BUT I have been known to be wrong once before.

4. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    phase 1 is compete. 5 bins on a angled rack with a pvc drain. I need to get a cap for the high end as it will overflow out that side if i water too quickly. i kind of expected that. everything is draining nicely though. There is a bucket on the left to catch the draining. next step is to get the light set up and look for my pump. Pumping is phase 2 and probably wont get done today, we will see

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Yeah. all the videos I watch on youtube the bags are HUGE with the teats sticking out like fingers. She is still 'jiggly' when she walks.

6. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Every day is one day closer though :) i am excited for you and to see calf pictures!

7. We have been giving the chickens the pulp from our vegetable juice. Is that about the same?

8. erlibrd

erlibrd Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    That is good that she has a ways to go, right? hoping the weather is better on delivery day!!!

9. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    that is probably very good for them too! lots of good stuff in that i am sure.

The goal of sprouting grain is to improve vitamin content and digestibility. I got a butt load of oats for cheap so it is also helping to reduce feed costs over purchased rations. I also am hoping that he green feed will also help to maintain egg quality and yolk color

10. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    @The BlanchRanch If you aren't going to back and catch up on posts the important thing to know is that @duluthralphie got a newer bigger incubator and is going to be swimming in chicks before you know what happens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by