Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

I have a feeling the "Getting use to losing the Powerball" seminar is going to be a large class, I will just pencil you in for it now.

2. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    Mine says -19.9...

When I checked on Bert Jr tonight they were "outside" and not in their coop! I am a tad worried. By Outside I mean they were snuggled together under a plastic roof and with plastic covered walls on 3 sides and not in the "Nice" new coop I built them...

3. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    what is the saying.................you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink

what are you doing up btw? trying to catch up on coffee posts before coffee time?

4. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I wish. My tooth has been hurting so bad and I am in that period between pain pills. I can't have another for 20 more minutes.

I also wanted to check temps as I am a worried about Bert Jr and the gals like I said.

I gave them lots of shell corn I hope it helps. I will have to get more corn tomorrow when I go to dentist.

They are as stubborn as a pony refusing to use the coop. But I did get an egg out of it!!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  5. Rhetts

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Not a big fan of the dentist. Hope all goes well for you.

It sounds like Bert Jr and the ladies are comfy where they are. They are out of the wind and together so they should be ok.
    Of course I am sitting here thinking of temps too obviously. I just don't like it so dang cold. If only the winters here weren't so up and down with temps and humidity. So hard to keep the birds happy and healthy sometimes.

6. Rhetts

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    What is with all the crap articles and posts written in like chinese symbols and all that? Literally the whole home page is full of crap. Do we need to be concerned of viruses or something from BYC?

7. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

WHew! I thought my computer had went nuts on me and switched to Chinese somehow...

8. Rhetts

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Super frustrating with all the jibberish posting!

Good luck with your tooth. Hope you get some decent sleep. I hope to wake up and NOT see a calf in the barn!! [​IMG]

Night Ralphie.

9. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Chicken Obsessed

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Rhett's what a night and weather to be waiting on a calf!
    Fun anticipating the new arrival though!

-24 F here. I'm guessing the coop may be -10 or so we'll see.

Ralphie hope you got some pain relief and some sleep. Time to call the dentist.

10. erlibrd

erlibrd Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    It's only -18 here, I wimped out and put a heater in the coop and it's hovering around 30/32. I know they really don't need it but the old girls looked so sad and didn't get off the roost much.
    The young ones don't seem bothered by the cold at all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by