Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    I will be lighting the wood stove in my shop tonight to try and thaw my hydrant. Going to try and hit 90+ again

The hydrant leaks a bit around the handle when it is on so I suspect the mechanism is froze up as opposed to the feed pipe from the well

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  2. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Its 7 degrees here and flurries with a breeze

3. meltedviking

meltedviking Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2015
    Atlanta, GA
    I'm in southeastern MN. Just added that to my profile. Felt the need to personalize a bit now that I found some MN friends!

2 people like this.
  4. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

We know the general area we are all from, it makes it easier for us to help each other and trade birds and stuff... You have Kloppers kind of in your area. sorta, maybe kinda...

Do you ever feel the cold winds blowing away from the wicked witch of the south were you are?

5. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Ralphie do any of your turkeys stay out at night? I couldn't get my 2 into any building of any kind and I could die trying! They are completely free range and roost up on the old house no matter what the weather. Blizzards or rainstorms or blasting wind doesn't matter up they go every night. This is their second winter. Been free ranged since last August. I find is somewhat amusing but at the same time I feel really bad some times.

6. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Our dog is acting weird... She is running to the door and windows barking. She is a pit bull and only does that when there is someone she doesn't like around. She has never bit anyone or harmed people but she knows when someone is a creep and keeps herself between us and them and doesnt take her eye off them.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  7. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    TURKEYS ARE STUPID!!

I let them all out to free range yesterday. The night before Ethel and 4 little hens stayed in the chicken coop. Last night Ethel and one hen stayed in the coop. I got the rest into the pen by bribing them with corn. Not one of them used the coop Judy and I spent 2 weeks building! It sat empty while they sat outside and froze! Stupid things.

When I was out a little bit ago I had 19 turkeys outside the chicken coop. (the door is only big enough for the smaller hens. Ethel was inside with the guineas and the chickens snuggled together in the rafters. I do not think Ethel got off her roost today yet.
    The others will spend tonight outside again, I am sure..DUMB THINGS!

8. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Is there any critters running about? My lab/pit pup goes bonkers watching rabbit and squirrels from the window. It is her favorite thing and will watch out the windows for hours

9. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    Oh my goodness! Look at the time, My my how it flies bye!

It is time for my Grandpa nap and I never even noticed...

Night night see you in an hour or so,,,,

1 person likes this.
  10. meltedviking

meltedviking Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2015
    Atlanta, GA
    Yes, the winds down here are indeed quite wicked

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by