Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Ralphies homemade tofu?!?!?

2. MinnesotaNice

MinnesotaNice Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2015
    Minnesota
    [​IMG]For everyone's laughing pleasure.....

If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 18 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in Minnesota.
    If you feel proud that your state makes the national News 96 nights each year, because International Falls is the coldest spot in the nation, you might live in Minnesota.
    If your local Dairy Queen is closed from November through March, you might live in Minnesota.
    If someone in a store offers you assistance, and they don't work there, you might live in Minnesota.
    If your dad's suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of his forehead, you might live in Minnesota.
    If you have worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you might live in Minnesota.
    If your town has an equal number of bars and churches, you might live in Minnesota.
    If you think that ketchup is a little too spicy, you might live in Minnesota.
    If vacation means going up north past Virginia for the weekend, you might live in Minnesota.
    If you know how to say Wayzata, Mahtomedia, Edina, Shakopee, Winton and Ely, you might live in Minnesota.
    If you measure distance in hours, you might live in Minnesota.
    If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you might live in Minnesota.
    If you often switch from heat to A/C in the same day and back again, you might live in Minnesota.
    If you see people wearing hunting clothes at special events, you might live in Minnesota.
    If you can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you might live in Minnesota.
    If you install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked, you might live in Minnesota.
    If you think of the major food groups as beer, fish and venison, you might live in Minnesota.
    If you carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them, you might live in Minnesota.
    If there are seven empty cars running in the parking lot at Zups Grocery Store at any given time, you might live in Minnesota.
    If you design your kids Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you might live in Minnesota.
    If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you might live in Minnesota.
    If you know all four seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction, you might live in Minnesota.
    If you consider Minneapolis exotic, you might live in Minnesota.
    If your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to your blue spruce, you might live in Minnesota.
    If "down south" means Iowa, if a brat is something you eat, and if you go out to a fish fry every Friday, you might live in Minnesota.
    If you find 0 degrees "a little chilly," you really just might live in Minnesota!

1 person likes this.
  3. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    lol Naw, I am not really a Tofu person.

But I found 40 recipes for soybeans on Recipes.com.

Me and tofu,,,,,ewwwwww

4. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    You mean you don't find the phrase 'compressed bean curd' appetizing???

5. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    I have eaten Tofu a couple times, I cannot really say I enjoyed it. I can say it was an unforgettable dining experience. Also I am proud to report I managed to not puke.

6. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Minnesotanice is it bad that all but three of those were true!!

7. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    MinnesotaNice if you look at last Friday or Saturdays posts you'll see beer bread recipes in the mix. This thread is clicking along fast I can see why you missed it. It all started when the cold weather started any way.

Yah when those birds are tucking their feet under them on the roost you know they probably wouldn't mind a little warmth. MinnesotaNice if you do a lamp put it out of fluttering wings way. Connect it in 2 or three spots to secure it in case one fails and put chicken wire around the bulb area. Most issues with these lamps and fires is the bulb casing dropping out of the metal shade part- they are so cheaply made. If you notice your birds aren't using it then just shut it off. Oh those things make me nervous. Can you tell? Lol.

I have the flat panel heater mounted on a wall in the coop.

8. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Good morning big tootsie.

[​IMG]

9. MinnesotaNice

Apr 20, 2015
    Minnesota
    I'll look back and see if I can find the recipe.

I actually like the idea of what you have better. I'm not a huge fan of the lamps either. The clinic I work at is across the street from Target, so I'm going to make a quick run and check it out. Thanks for sharing the idea!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  10. MinnesotaNice

Apr 20, 2015
    Minnesota
    I think they're all pretty much true for me! Lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by