Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

I am thinking the same thing, I was thinking of actually cleaning out a shed and having a chicken BBQ/Mike's lemonade get together..

I do have an important question for you,, That public landing on the river close to you, is it carry on canoe landing or could I get my boat in there? I have a very low draft skiff. The river looks tempting for bass in that area. I have fished it the eat side of 15 and done well. I catch and release Small mouth as I do not care for the taste.

2. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

Market is down Badly today, make them give you a really good price,,, rub in how few homes will be built with the market at 15,000.

3. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

4. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

THAT would be fun too! Two get-togethers to look forward to. We will have to decide when the temps reach 60.

5. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I need to head out and do chores, BUT I am unbelievably lazy today!

I need at least 4 more cups of coffee. I want to fill all the waterers, Feeders and get ready for the cold snap, at least it is only a few days before it warms.

My DW, aka the salve driving female dog, daughter of the wicked witch of the south, wants me to finish the storage cabinet I started a couple weeks ago. What is with her, She also says I have to move the cabinet incubator I got from EJB out of the entry. How demanding and rude is that? BTW my egg trays came yesterday for it! They are so cool. I am thinking of ordering another set so I can use them in the hatchers.

I got a spare thermostat for it, only to open the case and see there was one included,, Thanks EJB! Please never tell Judy you gave me a spare. She would not understand..

6. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    Naw, I would just defer to you, it would save me cleaning my sheds. I was thinking BR was going to come up and help me clean them, but he has not showed for that.

7. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I have been shopping this morning.

I love Amazon. I have three thermometers in the incubator. They all read differently. I need to figure out the real temps. Last spring I fought and fought to figure out the real temps.

I found a "certified" thermometer" I hope it works. It was pretty cheap for a certified one. It is made for tracking a woman's fertility cycles. I hope I can use it to adjust my other thermometers. As a side note, I can use it on Judy to make sure she never gets pregnant again. I can never trust her into not tricking me into having another kid or two!

edited to add a double negative, No, Idea why I did that. It didn't sound good without it.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  8. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Lol

9. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    It was quiet on here so i went out and did chores myself. Feed and water, scooped poop boards and picked up excess poop in the coops (handling frozen chicken poo is a snap!) which amounted to 3 feed sacks full of poo to haul to the compost pile. 50 chickens sure can make some poo when they arent out and about spreading around the farm on their own.

Also burned garbage which I find to be a particularly unpleasant task. I dont care to smell like a bonfire when it is just wood, doubly so when it is garbage [​IMG]

10. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by