Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    Morning . I have been busy the last few days . Took advantage of the warm spell . That is ending and below zero temps coming . So time to rest . I have lights on in the creamett pen . Got a leghorn egg yesterday . I have 4 light browns in with them . Past prime layers I bought at the sale barn last summer . Should be getting so creamett eggs soon .

2. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

Good Morning! Its gonna be a great day! Sun is trying to shine. Wind is blowing. Temps are going to 'cool' down. DH is going ice fishing to Aitkin. The weekend is
    almost mine. Chicks are doing great. Dogs are feeling chipper. Oh, but there is housework to be done. Oh well, I can do that too!

Does anyone want to 'slap' me yet. This is what my DH puts up with alllll the time. The world is wonderful. Not humankind, but otherwise the world is beautiful.

Have you ever read that "wake up in the morning so that when your feet hit the ground the devil says 'oh - - - - she's awake!" That is my daily morning goal before I get out of bed! Yea!

2 people like this.
  3. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    DW and I are both off work today and headed out to meet with 2 home builders

4. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Good Morning Ivie![​IMG] I have heard that saying!! Your positivity is amazing!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  5. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Good morning Klop!

6. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    People are alive!!

I thought I was all alone, I was even skimming other websites, I am so glad your all here.

Ivie, Your DH never asked me if I wanted to go with him..

The little woman is working this weekend. It will be peaceful here.

7. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN

Yep we are alive...

8. lvie

ya know Ralphie - you and my DH getting together, along with my son, somehow spells T - R - O - U - B - L- E. It might be able to be arrange BUT you need to stop to visit - perferrably during nice weather and sit on the river with us in some evening (and Judy of course - I promise Ralphie, my lips are sealed) and next year discuss the possibilities of 'fishing.' you know. meet and greet before party.
    P.S. I have been contemplating the idea of a chickie-get together when it warms up again. BYOB and a snack to pass and talk and play. Just contemplating it yet. On a Friday - Saturday or Sunday evening. What is your feed back my chickie friends?

9. lvie

So exciting! Have a fun time with this. There are a few bumps in the road while building but what the heck - they create the memories.

10. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

To see you call them Creamettes warms my heart. Maybe I can win over the real hardcore CLB owners and get them all to call them Creamettes!

It might be time to go to the Creambar threads and make my case for a renaming of them...

If I just wasn't on double secret probation again.

I have weeded my Creamettes down to 7 hens. The others are in the layer coop. They did not meet my rigorous standards to reproduce. I have to say I might have gotten there non-production of eggs wrong. I got 6 eggs for 7 hens! One was off blue, not green but not the bright blue. Is it possible for a bird to lay an egg that is slightly off color and be back to blue the next day? I did go to a Creamette thread and look at pictures of birds. I have to admit with all modesty, my Creamette look like that could hold their own against any I saw. Minus the cushion combs from the cold.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by