Surviving Minnesota!

I wish I could participate in the "My Temperature is" contest today. But, alas, I cannot not. My Menard's remote outdoor temperature reading device has a piece of masking tape stuck to the face of it making it unreadable.

I hope I can figure out a way to remove said tape in the next few weeks.

Also my drive and yard is covered with a fresh layer of white fungi. I might even have to fire up the Bobcat and move it today.

Morning . 60 here with a high of 64 . Flash freeze this evening and a low of 24 .

byc cant hear.gif
byc cant hear.gif
byc cant hear.gif
byc cant hear.gif

I wish I could participate in the "My Temperature is" contest today. But, alas, I cannot not. My Menard's remote outdoor temperature reading device has a piece of masking tape stuck to the face of it making it unreadable.

I hope I can figure out a way to remove said tape in the next few weeks.

Also my drive and yard is covered with a fresh layer of white fungi. I might even have to fire up the Bobcat and move it today.
We are all the way up to 4*. If I read the thermometer the way you do, it's 40*... time to break out the suntan lotion.

I agree with @ejb3810 in terms of starting with started birds. That is what I did and it was way easier and I learned more than if I had started with chicks. I also agree with the no geese, they are cool looking but kind of worthless, people get the notion that they will protect your flock but from what I have heard they will be the first to run away, unless they are Egyptians, but Eqyptians are nasty birds
Your geese must have been duds! When our dog is at the farm the geese would run between her and the chickens and then chase her off! And try did the same with cats and would spread their wings and scream at hawks...

Your geese must have been duds! When our dog is at the farm the geese would run between her and the chickens and then chase her off! And try did the same with cats and would spread their wings and scream at hawks...
I never had geese. My mom did and said they were worthless. A lot of people I know that had geese say the same thing

Except the Eqyptians the one lady said they were Satan in waterfowl form. If wanted something to protect my flock I would just get a Great Pyrenees

They all had duds:lau I’m skilled in the art of raising attack geese. My Africans were great! It helps when the geese and chickens are raised together!

That’s what I read and Africans were what I was looking at...but I keep getting a lot of conflicting opinions and information. Some say only one goose or else they ignore chickens, others say multiple geese...

A big thing is that until we get our puppy in a 3-7 months (a mastiff, who aren’t known for guarding) we have nothing to deter other dogs. The property we have was unoccupied for over a year and the neighbors dogs on both sides decided it is their land to roam, chase the deer in the yard that we love to watch, and that it is okay to come over and keep dragging the deer carcasses out of the woods from last hunting season. I can’t keep chasing them off as I am at work or I’m home and end up falling on the ice trying to run after them.

Should I be considering a roo?

I know nothing is better than a good fence, but I want to deter the dogs to stay away from the fence and want the option to feel okay letting them roam the back yard while I am home.

I should add that I have zero say in changing the dog breed as that is the SO’s project and is already set with the breeder even though the puppy isn’t even born yet.

Back
Top Bottom