Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

I have thought about the 3 wheel ones, but then I would feel I needed to ride it and that would cut into fishing time...

Those bikes are not for me, I like the full dress look of a bike, those look too crotch rocketty to me. Unless your buying, then I will take whatever you give me...

does the bike come with an optional turkey roost so JJ could ride with me?

BTW I need a pontoon worse than a bike.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  2. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

Truthfully, I haven't missed it. I am raising chickens instead. LOL. I guess I have begun new hobbies and do not want to spend the time on a bike. Sorry and thank for the invite - I just got away from it.

3. Those bikes are so amazing. The single sided swing arms, anti-lock breaks. They even control the tire so you can't spin out in a turn or over brake. Panic and grab a hand full of front brake in the gravel and they stay up. Even in a corner. The computer rethinks your dumb move for you. All the chrome it the world won't do that.

If you like three wheels stick with the two in the front one in the back. The one in the front type love to flip over in the turns.

Edited due to bad spell check

4. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I understand that completely, for me I hate to do anything that cuts into Grandkid time.. BTW my Grand daughter told me on the phone a few seconds ago I had to go to school and learn a few things..

She had an ear infection so I asked her "if her ear was hurting"

She said "not any more"

I asked her "if she got the elephant out of her ear".

She in all seriousness said "grandpa Elephants are too big to go into my ear"..

I said oh, I thought they were small. I keep getting them mixed up with Mosquitoes".

She said "Grandpa you need to go to school and learn something!"

BTW she is 4.

5. Cute. My kid rides too. We start them at 4. Her kids will too. It is a family value. [​IMG]

But anywhoo. Back to chickens. Getting me going on bikes or food? Not so good. [​IMG]

6. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN

Wait I cant drive so JJ and I will ride in your side car.

7. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN

Lol my grandpa does the same thing with my sister but with getting colors wrong.

8. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Today has been great! My parents are at work my siblings are at my grandpas so that leaves me, a tub of ice cream and Twilight. I like Twilight. My grandpa likes vampires so that must be where I get it from.

9. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow! Holy Kats - I just went out to check on the chickies and take them some worms. I walked in front of my garage and got hit by the blast and yikes! It is not to bad inside the coop. I finally came across the formula of setting up two brooding lamps in the very front of that run. Its four feet deep and five feet wide and then 30" high. It by no means is hot or warm. It maintains at about 5 to 10 degrees. Nothing on the coop to heat it. They can do that themselves. I have one hen that has been battling frost bite on her waffle. Got the circulation going in it a couple of days ago and it came back the next morning. Why only one of them with the frost bitten comb? Plenty of water. Lottsa of cracked corn and BOSS. Is that what you mean Ralphie or did you want someone to sign a lullabye to them at night?

HAD to go out this morning. The vehicle is parked in the garage and not coming out for church tonight or tomorrow. Its too dang cold out there to be out and about. Nesting. Sewing. Some cleaning. How about you and Judy? SHE had to go out and go to work this weekend. Ugh!

10. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I just came in from emptying my Rooster coop. I had to move the Guinea hen serving the life sentence, I moved her into the current Creamette pen. I will leave her there when I move the creamettes out and move the BA's and the Slate turkeys in. I always wanted a half guinea half BA bird.

It is so cold I think I am froze solid. I was out for nearly an hour. I have decided to let the nice Asian people that our getting my roosters to even wok my extra Creamer. He is the largest of the creamers. I was going to keep him incase one of my roosters die. I am going to risk it and go without an extra. I only have 7 Creamettes that I am keeping for breeding purposes, so I really can get by with just one rooster. Plus I have 60-70 eggs right now, one of them might be a rooster.

I was keeping one of Bert's brothers, the reddest one in the picture I posted earlier. He is now on the run. He did not go with the plan to move very well. I cannot see him. I hunted all around for him and decided he can take his chances outdoors tonight. I kept 2 EE roosters which is plenty of them.

I am so cold, I might need a shot of Yukon Jack.

I will put the PC's in the rooster pen as soon as I get a different coop with nest boxes built.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by