Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Wow, that is fantastic, no wonder that coop was no big deal for you to build! Great job. And woot woot on the offers!
    I had one is those last winter, i figured it was because it had been frozen, but unlike jerry, i did not eat it, as i wasn't sure...

2. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    They're is no sun here either :( it sure would be alot nicer out if there was.

3. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    I just squish them down when frying . Put them on my sausage egg cheese sandwich .

4. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    I just noticed as i was logging in to my laptop that even though this thread has only 3300ish posts, it has over 20,000 views! sounds like we have lots of lurkers ;)

I see different names in the 'who is viewing this thread' box all the time that i havent seen post before. We must attract a crowd when we get rolling haha

5. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    THe sun is going away now and we have clouds. we are due for a light dusting of snow this afternoon on the leading edge of the arctic air.

6. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Wow there isn't a cloud in sight here!

7. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    1. I believe that one Sasquatch clan moves into a cabin in the woods near Togo for the winter. The humans that own it are never there in the winter and rarely in spring, summer or fall.

2. Ralphie, I assume you are aware that once a bird has grown to mature size there are metal bands, similar to those used to band wild birds, which can be used to identify and manage your flock?

8. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Yep I knew that, my problem is trying to mark the babies. Once they are teens I can go to full size band and they normally stay on. I do weird ways of marking them, different colors in different orders on right and left leg mean different things.... Then because my memory is o good, I do not write them down and store it in the old grey matter ,, which then forgets what I did that marking for in a week or so..

I plan to do better, maybe..

BTW I am looking for a dump box and snow plow so I can go up there in the winter. It will tick off a bunch of snowmobilers, but not my problem, they use our driveway as a snowmobile trail all winter. ( well, about half of our driveway)

We evicted Sasquatch from the cabin, he was making a mess in the outhouse and refused to vacuum when he left!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  9. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    I love snowmobiling but it really bugs me how much people don't respect the landowners whose land they are on. They don't think about their actions. A product of self righteous millenials who think they can do whatever they want #OldManStatus

10. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

I do not mind they use the drive, We told the county they could include it in the trail system as it completes a nice circle for them. I just get upset at the people that complain when we "mess up the trail" by using our driveway.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by