Surviving Minnesota!

What does everyone feed their "Show Birds" to promote feather sheen and softness?

I have read anywhere from Oats to additional Vitamins in their water. So what are your tricks?
Oats build frame more then give them feathering and sheen. Right now I am feeding mine game bird feed, and some cat food in the evening.

Morning all... We got our 4H packets for the fair but I don't think I'm gonna sign up this year. Birds started laying too late this year and I don't think anything will be ready in time:idunno. But I have next year:)
I am feeling the same way... my birds look so bad... but without me there are almost no birds so I am fighting through it. Next year should be better.

So going to share my travel plans . Just talked to the tire place . Going to put tires good to 81 MPH range on the sawmill . Mill is 2500 pounds . Trying to avoid blowing a transmission this year . Current tires are recommended at 55 MPH . Got 2 weeks to get ready . So tires go on Wednesday plus a spare .

My grandpa (not the one with the birds) got his heifers home today. Trying to decide who to breed them to... Both nice heifers but one is better than the other...

I really like this heifer. Lots of gut and good rib shape to her. A little smaller than her sister but extremely nice.
DSC_1426.JPG

This heifer is OK but she needs a bull with a really good rear third... She is extremely hatchet arsed and a little choppy in her stride....
DSC_1429.JPG

And some random pics lol
DSC_1435.JPG
DSC_1436.JPG

I will definitely share quail pics!! Supposedly with this batch I could get some rare colors. :) I think the hens are getting close, as in NOT molting, NOT broody and also accepting the roo. :) Fingers crossed!!!
Whoot!!! Pics to come after the hatch is done!! I never EXPECT too much from shipped eggs so if I get some to hatch, I call it good. So far 20 babies in a great variety of colors. So teensy!! I always forget they are about the size of a quarter when first hatched.

Back
Top Bottom