Surviving Minnesota!

Merry Christmas, I shall be traveling to Duluth today, bringing cheer and joy to all along my path.

I am sure some will find my journey a source of pain and misery as I shall be accompanied by the reigning WW.

Currently I am smoking a salmon for the trip to keep me nourished along the way. I am thinking of attaching Hoover to the front of the car and see if he can hummingbird us there faster than the conventional means of travel. I refuse to ride on the WW broom!

Twas the night before Christmas and the only creature stirring was Hoover.....
Come on Ralphie...we need a Hoover Christmas story!

I have no Hoover stories.

I have however, decided Toads are the perfect chicken to own. I was feeding and watering them so they had enough to hold them over tomorrow. One of the layers (a legbar cross) escaped while I was going into the cage/pen. It caused a terrible commotion. Roosters chasing me as I chased the hen. Squawking and screaming. The hen flew into my face then over the one pen landing in the netting over the pen then screaming because she was stuck.

Not a fun time. I finally caught her and threw her back in her pen.

I then went and finished the other pens/cages. The Toads are the only variety that did not try to sneak out. In all my years of owning toads, I have never had one sneak out of a pen as I go in. Now, this does not mean the Toad roosters, like the Bert's and now Hoover, (who is really a Bert descendant) will not cause trouble and let the other birds out of their pens. BUT they have never snuck out while I was feeding them.

They have manners. The worst thing Hoover does during feeding is vacuuming all the feed before the others get to it.

Hey Ralphie how about a photo of squatch ? At least a photo of the Togo area . BC is absent . Interested in what the area looks like now .

We will not go until Friday if we go. There is snow in the forecast and the cabin is not a good place to be during heavy snowfalls. Unless I plan to stay there until the 4th of July when it melts.

Back
Top Bottom