Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    As I said before I use a syringe to add water to my hatchers.

I know about an inch in the bottom will run it up to around 35% +- 10.

I was at 17% so I but 3/4 of an inch in the syringe and squirted it thru one of the vent holes. I went in the kitchen and did some woman's work ( I do a lot of that it seems)...I came back here and saw the humidity was at 95%...

I could not figure it out but I opened the hatcher to get the moisture out, picturing dead eggs. Then I saw the hole I used was right above the probe for the hygrometer. Hopefully it will work again..

No pips , no peeps yet....

2. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    hmm, Wow, there must be more than one sevin dust? or i must have read the wrong stuff. weird

3. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Can't wait to see the babies!

4. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I LIED!!!

I thought I had sevin I do not!!

I have this what I have:
    [​IMG]

It is Permethrin...

Sevin is Carbaryl both can be used on people and livestock.

Carbaryl is commonly sold under the trade name Sevin (EPA), and goes by trade names such as Adios, Carbamec, Denapon, Hexavin, and Panam (EXTOXNET). Its primary use is as an insecticide on various commercial crops, including but not limited to corn, soybean, cotton, citruses, pears, and nuts. In addition to also being effective as a molluscicide and acaricide, carbaryl can also be used to treat pest infestations, such as that due to species of lice, on livestock, poultry, pets, and in the case of head lice, on people.

http://www.toxipedia.org/display/toxipedia/Carbaryl

Sorry I lied.....and got caught at it...[​IMG]

5. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I thought I would show you what I have been working on now that is 99% done.

Do not mention the trim I do not have up on the doors. Judy mentions that enough for all of you..

I built a cabinet as we come in the door for me to put my stuff on, shoes on and boots under. Judy is "sick and tired" of me using her buffet countertop as a catch all for my "poop"....Not the word she uses.

I am hoping she will be happy tonight.

Which account for my lie, the fumes from the finish got too me!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can now start moving stuff to it....Or wait until she does it for me...

4 people like this.
  6. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Nice work ralphie! Looks functional and it isn't even hard on the eyes either!

1 person likes this.
  7. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes! Chicks and Calves. I better get my brooder cleaned and set up. Excited!

8. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

thats pretty cool I have been asking my General Contractor DH for hardware on our kitchen cabinets (installed 12 years ago) for the past three years as they are becoming difficult to open because of my old hands.

1 person likes this.
  9. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Sounds like it is time to skip the contracts and sub it out yourself :)

What is that old saying about the cobblers kids and shoes?!?

10. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Not sure how the stores are around you folks but I can go to my local L&M and look for stuff and they don't have it and then go to the one in Cloquet and they have what I was looking for and tons more! Very frustrating that the same branch of stores carry different things. I was looking for blue kote yesterday. I know my local does carry it but the cloquet one didn't but I did see that they had a couple poultry/sevin dusts. WTH!!! I can't drive hours and hours just to collect the basic things needed!!

Ralphie I love your wood working project! My entry way despite having a closet for coats and boots and a bench for hats/gloves etc looks like a tornado went through every time we go outside which is about a hundred times a day! I need to figure out a better way to keep up the clutter! Looking forward to seeing your babies. hopefully they are doing ok.

The cow must be close. Her udder is most certainly bigger today than yesterday. I am so excited. I have a baby monitor set up so I can hear what is going on out there. I don't want to miss it if I can help it!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by