Surviving Minnesota!

Beautiful photos of those turkeys Ralphie! Thanks for sharing
big_smile.png

Very pretty Turkeys Ralphie.. Which one is mine.. They ALMOST look to pretty to eat.. Almost..

I didn't take a picture of yours, He is just a self blue, and I was trying to get some of my more unusual colors.

BUT you could have one of these if you want. Penguin is a PITA and I would not mind him going Bye-bye.

I am thinking of trying to sell a couple of the more rare colors for breeding. I have lots of self blues and blues that have little value to a breeder.

They are pretty. I feel bad when I have to send them to camp, but I can only have so many Toms.

Last edited:
I might end up with a real Hybrid Guinea Chicken cross!

I moved the trouble maker Guinea hen today out of the Guinea Gulag. Once I put the turkeys in there for the winter and breeding season. I have started letting the turkeys out to free range again during the day. To do that I have to catch the PITA Guinea hen lock her in a small cage and let the turkeys out. Way too much monkey business for me.

So I moved the Guinea hen into the rooster compound. As soon as I put the Guinea Hen in the run, the roosters started doing mating dances for her. She was not impressed. It is possible when she lays in the spring if I have not removed all the roosters by then, she will give me the hybrids!

From what I have read only one egg in 10 hatches of the hybrids. SO that is about 40% better than I did on pure Guinea eggs last spring.

Oh holy Mother are these fantastic. I need to make more feed runs!!!!!

50 lbs of grit 5.99 bag. ( cheap plastic bag)
10 lbs of grit 5.49 bag ( awesome sturdy bag with handle)
I went with the 50 pounder and left 40 lbs of grit in the fleet farm parking lot. They get cha' one way or another. Rofl.

I'll read when I get home, I think I saw pictures of turkey's!!!!

I am actually trying to get as many color combinations as I can, unfortunately for me, the rare colors always show up in the Toms and not the hens!

Yeah I don't really understand the genetics of all that I only raise rirs and I only do.it for eggs and meat and the litter to put on my pasture / and raised beds except my 2yo has rooster she named Charlie I don't dare harvest him and I might have to t r y and clone him lol

A funny turkey story, kind of anyway... There is a farm down the road a bit where I go for milk and a friend of mine has started getting milk there recently. So last week I get a call from her and she says she's at the farm for milk and a bunch of turkeys are gathered around her car stareing at her and she's afraid to get out! so I told her they just like to greet people and won't hurt her so she got out of her car, went into the milk building and saw her car through the window rolling away! she had been so worried about the turkeys she forgot to put the car in park! the car didn't rolll very far and no one was hurt!

Back
Top Bottom