Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    Happy Thanks Giving all... Today is the 1st holiday ever I haven't been with my son. Him and his wife are going to her parents in Chicago. Guess I will have to learn to share.. No Hubby and no son .. But I do have people coming over today so I'm making a big dinner and putting on my smiley face.. So Plz people when your family is driving you crazy today and you can't wait for it to be over so u can just relax. Just take a moment and be truly thankful that you have all of them..

2 people like this.
  2. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Good Morning and happy T-day to you all..

May your turkeys be snuck as a bug in a rug in their nice heated oven.

I have mine in the smoker, If I figured it right it will be 5 hours of smoking, if not we will not eat till late this evening.

My wife is getting hers ready for the roaster now. I should say her half and my half. I am a little worried on the breast as it is 7 pounds and quite thick, I have thought about butterflying it or just cutting it in half, but I did neither.
    Any of you cooks think I should?

Oh, I made the buns too. Well I started them. I cut open the package all by myself and I took 12 frozen ones out and put them in a pan to thaw and rise!

My daughter, SIL and grandkids are not going to be here today. They have to stay home in Duluth. My youngest granddaughter has pink eye and an ear infection. We did not want the infection to spread. We have my MIL and an Uncle here, both are quite elderly and have heart conditions and my MIL has eye problems and goes to the Mayo for injections, she can only see in shades of black and white now and has been told she is going blind. It is best to net let her get pink eye. We will Skype with the kids later.

My other Granddaughter is pretty upset. She just got over pink eye. She told her class at "show and tell" she was going to her grandma and grandpa for thanksgiving to eat broccoli.

3. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I hope you have a good thanksgiving with the people you have, Sharing kids once they get married is hard and takes some getting use too. BUT grand kids will make it all worth while!

4. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I, being a true procrastinator did not make my deviled eggs yesterday. I had things to do outside and it was just too nice out.

I have just shelled my eggs. I want to thank whoever on here posted the shake and egg in a water glass method of shelling them!

It worked great. It is a good work out, but my eggs have never looked prettier. Normally, when I shell and egg it has large divots all over it. These look perfect! I am amazed.

5. Happy Turkey Day All!!!!!!
    Hope you all have a great day!! I have a ton to do.

6. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Happy thanksgiving all.

7. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Gobble gobble, and Happy Thanksgiving!

8. erlibrd

erlibrd Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    Great find. How can they tell the age?

9. erlibrd

erlibrd Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    Happy Thanksgiving [​IMG] to All !!

10. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL. COFFEE I FEEL YOUR PAIN, AS MY OLDEST BROTHER JUST PASSED ON 11/7.
    RALPHIE VERY NICE TO FIND THE ARROWHEAD. I WISH I COULD FIND ONE BUT IT IS UNLIKELY WHERE I LIVE? TOO BAD ABOUT THE GRANDDTR IN DULUTH BUT THERE WILL BE MANY THANKSGIVINGS TO COME.
    DON'T EAT TOO MUCH, BUT AS FOR ME I WILL BE HAVING BOTH A SLICE OF PUMKIN AND CHERRY PIE FOR DESERT. I AM A BIG FAN OF DESERT BEING THE BEST PART OF THE MEAL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by