Surviving Minnesota!

Thanksgiving greetings to you all. I'm touched by all your posts. Ejb the loss of your brother-so sorry. I'm sure it takes quite a bit out of you tho think about it. Coffee your quiet moment with your hubby and that potato. Love finds it's beautiful moments. Kloppers enjoying his home grown bounty. BR swamped with his guests knowing that they all will be treated with some of the finest food that can be prepared. Cluckies, ivie, erlibird all probably swamped with dishes but ducking in for a howdoyoudo. And our Ralphie sharing his cool find --hopefully that arrowhead put some food on the table for a family long ago.

My heart is full and so is my stomach. Men folk are watching football and farting on the couch. I'm so full I can hardly move. But I took the dog for a two mile walk and now her little eyes are shut at grandpa's feet. All the dogs have loved and stayed close to grandpa. Grandma is playing cards with the teenagers and mom is on BYC and soon to be escaping to the quiet basement to find a comfy couch to read my book. Ahhhhh.

Thanks for sharing your day.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL. COFFEE I FEEL YOUR PAIN, AS MY OLDEST BROTHER JUST PASSED ON 11/7.
RALPHIE VERY NICE TO FIND THE ARROWHEAD. I WISH I COULD FIND ONE BUT IT IS UNLIKELY WHERE I LIVE? TOO BAD ABOUT THE GRANDDTR IN DULUTH BUT THERE WILL BE MANY THANKSGIVINGS TO COME.
DON'T EAT TOO MUCH, BUT AS FOR ME I WILL BE HAVING BOTH A SLICE OF PUMKIN AND CHERRY PIE FOR DESERT. I AM A BIG FAN OF DESERT BEING THE BEST PART OF THE MEAL.

I have no idea how I missed this, it sometimes seems I do not get the postings until after someone else quotes them,

EJB, You truly have my prayers and all the good thoughts I can muster up. I have never lost a brother so I cannot say with any honesty I know what it is like. My Wife lost her brother several years ago. I know it was terrible for her. Her pain was apparent to all that knew her. My true condolences.

Thanks I was very happy and still am over the find. I am hoping to find someone that can tell me more about it. I never thought I would find one here either. When I was a foolish young kid I spent days out walking where my Grandpa dug up those he got, Nothing..nada. ever.

Then to find it walking to the chicken coop and see it laying on the ground where the chicken had dug it up. Amazing.

I ate way too much. The smoked turkey was super, if I do say so myself. It actually tasted like high quality ham instead of turkey. We have just enough left to make a huge pot of split pea soup! I have not had my smoker set up in a couple years. I am going to leave it set up now. I hope to do a chicken in it soon.

The one Judy made was good, but I got the blue ribbon for first place, of course, she may feel differently about this. We did not have cherry pie which is one of my top 3 pies. I think Mince meat and Pecan beat it out though.

Kloppers...

I forgot the mention I added Worchester sauce to my deviled eggs, I would never had done that without your mentioning it,, WOW where they good! It made a different taste without destroying the original taste.. So thanks again for that Idea!

Not everything in my life is birds. I had a great find today. Thanks to the chickens. We live in an OLD house 125 years or so, that has been added onto 5-6 times. It is not a big house still. When we moved here we added a 16x16 ft addition that we made into laundry/bathroom/closet and entry. The ground under it has never been turned or dug to the best of my knowledge. We but a basement in, other than right next to the old basement it was virgin ground. I took the excess dirt and moved it across the drive to make a new parking area. We live in pure sugar sand. There are no rocks or stones here. nada! Tonight as I was walking from my shed to the chicken coop, I happen to notice something lying on the ground, in the "new parking area". BR this is about 15 ft from where we sent your turkey to camp. It was so obvious to see as we have no stones here. These are pictures of it: I have never found an arrowhead in my life. My Grandpa did when he cleared the land 2 forties over. He found knifes, arrowheads, pottery and graves. Of course that was over 100 years ago. I think this is the first one found in over 100 year here! I looked it up online, It appears to be from 2,000-8,000 bc from what I can tell. If anyone knows more about them feel free to tell me. I am so happy with this find, My little chicken do not have to lay eggs if they dig this stuff up!
You need to find the local historical society you may be on to something here however be aware they make your life miserable if they declare it a dig site

My spoiled dogs got to sit under the table during thanksgiving lunch and I was passing scraps under to them. DWs grandma made this dish with green jello, shredded carrots, and something crunchy, celery maybe. I was polite and took a scoop despite my extreme dislike of jello with anything in it besides whipped cream. I tried one nibble then tried to feed the rest to my hound. She got it in her mouth looks down and spits it out right in my crotch.... What a doll! She apparently didn't care for it either.
Hahaha fabulous! Many a year at DH families thanksgiving I wonder what the heck are carrots doing in the jello? Who knows? That it ended up in your lap, thanks to your puppy, and Hahaha

You need to find the local historical society you may be on to something here however be aware they make your life miserable if they declare it a dig site

Please, expand on this. I may have to re-think my plan to talk to the Wildlife refuge Archeologists. It is a federal wildlife refuge that has already stolen 400 acres from my family, we do not need to lose more to them..

How can they do a "dig" if my house sits on the land?

Back
Top Bottom