Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    stopped by Aussies, took the grandkids ( they adopted me as grandma couple years ago and im Ok with it ) I also took new puppy over and he did pretty good, He only irritated her dogs a few times...Aussies babies were very well behaved and patient with my little brat.. but he did stick by us with no leash and had fun he slept all the way home and then went straight to bed when we got here,,Lol little thing is worn out...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Oh how wonderful, i'll bet they loved that! hahaha, your puppy must have been wiped out!

3. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    It must be something else!, i've tried 2 sites and they are locked up! finally found it here:
    chicken riding a roomba

cool!

4. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    Watch out Ralphie i told the kids next time im going to take them tp my friend Ralphies house he has lots of turkeys...

5. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Chicken Obsessed

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    I saw that roomba chicken on FB last week and posted it to my FB right awAY. Totally cute video.

What a fun day coffee with Aussies llamas.

Sadie Mae is zonked out tonight too. Kids wore her out and probably some tryptophan too.

6. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

Aussiegals place is so cool, I bet the kids loved it there?

Did she mention if everything still a go for tomorrow?

Those Alpacas are the cutest things, I wish I could justify having a cute worthless animal that I have to feed and care for.. I am working on a list to present to my DW now.

Your grandkids would love the turkeys if they are not acting like turds on that day. Today they were turds.

7. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    I'm awake and on my way to Menards to buy a log splitter wish me luck I will trying catch up later when I have a chance

1 person likes this.
  8. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

Good luck on the splitter...

I hope the excess estrogen in Menard's does not affect you negatively. I have chosen to spend Black Friday in our dining room, drinking coffee..

9. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I just looked at the weather app. It is not looking sweet for today, a tad chilly. The bright side is tomorrow looks better, but Sunday better yet, naturally, because it is another Grandpa daycare day.

I am going to try and get lights on the Creamettes and the layers. I do not plan to turn on the Creamettes lights yet, but will turn on the Layers light, because it is so dark in their coop. I need to make some changes to it next spring. It has no windows and seems to be dark inside it. Who would have ever thought a building with no windows would be dark?

I had to put BC's silver s*** ( lets say that word is stuff) on 3/4 of the door that was just hardware cloth to keep the wind off the waterer. Which turned the bright coop dark.
    I need to get my "temporary Wiring up in the air. Yep, I am the guy that runs extensions cords everywhere. However, they are all outside. I need to get them in the air so I do not plow them when removing snow. (This should be done but my Grandpa Daycare business is cutting into chicken time).

I should make a quick trip to Togo, but am not sure I can squeeze that in.

And guys eat your hearts out. I got an E-mail from Carrie Underwood. She has learned I am going to grace her little show at the Grand Ol Opry and wants to know if I would be willing to meet her backstage. I was worried this would happen. I turned her down. I hope she is not so distraught she cannot sing well. My DW says she just wants my free daycare service. She just does not understand women like I do.

PS. My DW says everyone gets the same offer, to go backstage. She is so naïve.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  10. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Chicken Obsessed

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Naivity seems to be a state that catches a few off guard.

Ralphie I run a super Looooong cord to the coop from the house. I have had the cord plowed off by a naive husband. It's too bad I decided to build my coop so far away from the house honestly. But since I love the brisk air of winter's icy grip it has all worked out for the best. Plus roosters crowing at 4:00 am will be missed only a little.

Sadie Mae is limp this Am. Right front leg/paw. Can't tell which for sure or why. Horsing around with kids or pouncer cat activities-- not sure what. But I hope she snaps out of it. Vet bills are not my favorite bills.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by