Surviving Minnesota!

I put a dab on my wrists and neck this morning, we will see how it goes.

Why do you guys call that the 'birthday flashlight'?

Menards send you ( well me) a Birthday card good for a gift every year on your birthday. This is the gift. I think it is over priced at about 5 bucks during the year it is the gift. It is probably 2.49 now.

I think you need a Menards card to get them. But the card is not a bad deal, as long as you pay it off every month. I get 5 cents a gallon off at Holiday and I think 2% back on whatever I put on it. I think that was the 2014 gift, could be 2015 I don't remember. They are on the wall with the wrenches and sockets by the cashiers.

Menards send you ( well me) a Birthday card good for a gift every year on your birthday.  This is the gift.  I think it is over priced at about 5 bucks during the year it is the gift. It is probably 2.49 now.

I think you need a Menards card to get them. But the card is not a bad deal, as long as you pay it off every month.  I get 5 cents a gallon off at Holiday and I think 2% back on whatever I put on it.     I think that was the 2014 gift, could be 2015 I don't remember.  They are on the wall with the wrenches and sockets by the cashiers.

Good to know about the menards card 2% back. If We end up adding on to our house instead of building, I will definitely be getting a menards card. Also cool that they give you a birthday gift, even if it is a cheap flashlight.

I was at menards last weekend and bought a blueprint set for a garage. Trying to get some inspirations and direction for planning

2014 was the screw driver with all the changeable parts. 2015 was the flashlight. I like the bigger savings when you spend more (building a house means big purchases) But the 2% just cause is always nice too. A good card to have when needing building materials for sure!!

Quiet around here today. Everyone must be enjoying the spring like weather. Looks like we Northerners will be in for a slippery storm tonight if the weather men can be somewhat believable. Rain and snow. Should be fun driving weather anyway.

Hello! We have about 2 weeks till we get our first calf I think... The new cows r definetly farther along than the originals.

Ralph sorry u lost two lil girls... But Andy sure is cute! And getting big!

2014 was the screw driver with all the changeable parts.  2015 was the flashlight.  I like the bigger savings when you spend more (building a house means big purchases) But the 2% just cause is always nice too.  A good card to have when needing building materials for sure!!

Yeah 2% on top of the 11% would be pretty sweet.

Quiet around here today.  Everyone must be enjoying the spring like weather.  Looks like we Northerners will be in for a slippery storm tonight if the weather men can be somewhat believable.  Rain and snow.  Should be fun driving weather anyway.

We are due to see 40 and strong winds. I'm hoping that the wind blows the moisture of the melting snow away. If not we are in for a soupy mess by Sunday as we are going to stay above freezing until then.

I have a spot right by the pop door of one coop that turns to a quagmire when it gets too warm. I may throw some old carpet over it this weekend if that is the case. At least that will help keep the chicken feet clean

good morning i am a one-handed typer right now as sc is in my left hand sitting on her two feet, which i have re-splinted, in an upright position supported by finger she is spry and i did put some chickie grit on th bottom of the brooder to experiment of couse the boys love that yet sh does follow their lead and pecks at it also. that is good news and she sips from the end of the dropper for her liquids her gizzaeck (?) has been full i check i compare the boys by feeling theirs and then try to follow along with hers and grit.

Andy Picture time here.. Just in case you thought I threw him over board for Lucky.

Is this chick ever darling! Sorry to hear about brooder mate accident Ralphie. Chickening remains humbling business for me as well. It's hard...these stumbles. But we learn and if we're posting it on here we're teaching others as well...and nobody can fault you for that...because we've all been there. Trust me.
I ordered some organic tomato/veggie/herb fertalizer off amazon for my indoor garden and to use on my garden seedlings eventually. review say that it had a 'slight fish odor'

I mixed it up as directed and loaded it into a spray bottle to use as a foliar spray on my herbs and pheeeeeew
sickbyc.gif
i would say more than slight!

I know I am aersolizing it with the bottle but boyo!

Kloppers. I take issue with flying poo when driving through the country side with just an manure spreader in a field. Aerosolizing it in your house? Yes. Do not let DW know what you are doing in the basement. Gross.
gig.gif
sickbyc.gif
Or find a more solid/liquid form of fertilizing....?
good morning i am a one-handed typer right now as sc is in my left hand sitting on her two feet, which i have re-splinted, in an upright position supported by finger she is spry and i did put some chickie grit on th bottom of the brooder to experiment of couse the boys love that yet sh does follow their lead and pecks at it also. that is good news and she sips from the end of the dropper for her liquids her gizzaeck (?) has been full i check i compare the boys by feeling theirs and then try to follow along with hers and grit.
Ivie: If you get pictures of your little SC you'll have to post. would love to see her progress. Her crop is probably what you're feeling. Gizzard sack is set back in the chicken a bit.
wink.png

She sounds like she is doing wonderfully and is spry in your loving care.
love.gif

So back in my first winter of chickening: Roger broke his toe which subsequently frostbit then fell off at one of the first joints. I gave him a once over 2 nights ago and his toe (what's left of it) appears to be whitish and swollen again. I suspect rotting chicken (infection) so not sure if it's frostbit again and more will be falling off. At any rate...more PITA chicken maintenance.

Here's Tootsie After his heal-up about 3 years ago. Looks like it's about to get shorter. Shoot.

Back
Top Bottom