Surviving Minnesota!

I have another Turkey that Mr. Porter wants a picture of for his website!

He wants him to be in full show off mode. A nice clear picture. I do not have one yet of him, like that. He is camera shy and a lurky, he does not like to be held. But will follow me, but when I turn to follow him heruns away.

And this one has a name. It is "ginger". My Wife named it. We were not sure if it was a He or a she. Now that we know it is a he, the name has stuck. Pour guy going through life with a name like Ginger. Maybe a Johnny Cash impersonator will write a sone about him.

Try making them think you or judy are going to feed them a treat and then have the other person snap the photos.

What a drive home! I left Shakopee at around 5:30 . Took about 2 hours and 20 minutes to get home.

South of 394 was a large rush of air into a vacuum. Really badly rushing air..

It was better north of 394, I could make almost 30mph there.

@Bogtown Chick
 What did your Grandpa say about the red and white potatoes?

It was my Dad-- but he's a Grandpa so that's ok. Lol. But he liked the Kennebecs because their skins came off so thin and nicely. He likes their flavor best as well. But he did not know about the sprouting factor and said he learned something as A 70 year old. Lol.

His Dad- my Grandpa -would plant two rows of potatoes the whole length of the corn field! Then he'd get my mom to ride the potato digger and the two of them FIL and DIL would pick potatoes and sell them for $2 a gunny sack. Mom said she was just filthy after doing all that. They'd keep what they needed and sold the rest. Dad said by spring the kannebecs did have some sprouts started which the rubbed off and then they'd cut the seed potatoes before planting ensuring each piece had at least 2-3 eyes before planting.

Back
Top Bottom