Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Oh, the humanity!!!!!!!

2. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    Ralphie, who would have ever guessed that you would become a Turkey Celebrity?

3. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    Kinda Cool..I wrote this on my FB couple months ago when i was in one of those deep thought moods. And one of my friends sent it to Woman`s Day magazines They sent my a Letter asking me if they could use it in one of their upcoming articles about women and aging with wisdom.. here is what i wrote ````Wondering when i lost the girl that use to dance in the rain and sang when i cleaned and made love outside in the sun. seems like it was yesterday but yesterday was so many years ago.. that girl has been replaced with someone who seems to be what im told we are suppose to be at this age.. I am my mother, My grandmother and her Mother before her.. I am wisdom,,, But I miss my young Spirit....`````

4 people like this.
  4. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    She still looks rough but she is acting perfectly fine. She is back in the coop with her friends. She is eating and drinking fine and is still the 1st one that runs to me when i go outside. i didnt notice before but she must have lost weight because she looks thinner then the other girls. hopefully now that she is eating again she will put back on some weight.. funny how i didnt notice that before..Thanks for asking....

5. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

Naw, JJ and Ethel are the celebrities I am just the photographer.

Great Work Coffee,

It is starting to snow here in Shakopee as I drink my terrible coffee and prepare for a day of rug rat chasing.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  6. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Why would she need to bring her kid when she's getting one in trade?! Lol rofl.
    They did this in downtown Duluth when I went to school there. Actually any bigger town with a city center with sidewalk traffic they'll do this. Minneapolis, Bozeman, Grand Rapids. They usually are doing it at 3 or 4 in the morning though. When there's little or no traffic.

7. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

Nothing can be worse to a coffee lover than no or bad coffee first thing in the morning.

8. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota

I understand WHY they do it, it is the execution that burns me! They won't come by to remove the ribbon until later in the afternoon usually. Not sure what they will do today since more snow is due. I wouldn't be surprised if they just left it sit until the rest of the snow comes.

9. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

That hurts!!!!!!

I can't wait to see what kind of Jet I am getting for my dowery!

The booming metropolis known to most as Zimmerman plows to the middle too, it will sit there for days before being moved. Another reason I avoid going there.

10. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Oh Sorry Kloppers.
    I don't know. I suppose those dump trucks are subcontracted and it's when they can get them to file in a line to get the snow out. Subcontracting can be a PITA for contractors-- I suppose municipalities have the same issues. Hurry up & Wait.

I'm just joshing you Ralphie. I can see you winging your way to where ever you want to go on your dowry plane. Perhaps Porter's Turkey farm even.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by