Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    very cool...

2. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop

3. Cluckies

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    @Coffee 1st how is that little girl? is she looking better?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  4. Cluckies

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Well, back to work for me tomorrow after a full week off... not looking forward to it. my boss's last day was last Wednesday. I hate it when he even goes on vacation cause, as you know, stuff rolls downhill... so yeah, [​IMG]
    oh well, could be worse [​IMG] I have my hencam working so can keep an eye on the girls anywhoo [​IMG]

5. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    We are set to get a dump of snow tomorrow. should be interesting to see what really happen...

1 person likes this.
  6. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    we have 2-3" on the ground already. i guess this is really happening.

The girls will probably stay in the coop all day.

7. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Nothing here, YET, I am in Shakopee again today. But it looks ugly, cloudy out.

My day is starting bad. I forgot to bring a coffee maker. Theirs is broken and my grandkid's parents don't drink coffee so who knows when they will get a new one.

I forgot to bring more coffee grounds too! I was forced to boil water and pour it slowly over the ground in their broken coffee grounds. They only have folgers coffee, ( slightly better than drinking rat poison and milk). The coffee is terrible, but at least I have caffine!

I hope the day gets better.

8. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

I think you should make your hencam public!!!! WHen I go down to trade my wife in for the newer model I will be without chickens for 10-14 days, What am I to do?

I am betting Carrie Underwood is excited to meet me and can hardly wait! I hope she decides to leave her kid with her current hubby. I really do not want a full time kid anymore.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  9. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I have another Turkey that Mr. Porter wants a picture of for his website!

He wants him to be in full show off mode. A nice clear picture. I do not have one yet of him, like that. He is camera shy and a lurky, he does not like to be held. But will follow me, but when I turn to follow him heruns away.

And this one has a name. It is "ginger". My Wife named it. We were not sure if it was a He or a she. Now that we know it is a he, the name has stuck. Pour guy going through life with a name like Ginger. Maybe a Johnny Cash impersonator will write a sone about him.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Does anyone's town do this? In town they plow the snow to the center then later in the day come through with trucks and a big snowblower to haul it away. Good in theory except this huge ribbon of slow blocks all but the most major intersections. In my truck, it's not a big deal but there are always cars going high center on the pile trying to make a turn. Yay winter!!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by