Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    She will have the pleasure of gazing upon me on Tuesday night.

Tonight we are headed to the grand ol Opry to see 8 people/groups but I do not recall the names of all of them. I think Claire Bowen is one, she is the actor/singer that plays Scarlett on the series Nashville. Ricky Scaggs, (if your old enough to remember him) and the Gaitlin Brothers.

I do not care for the "root Beers" My wife and DIL love them. They are too sweet for me. We stopped at a distillery today, I bought some Moonshine for the kids as Christmas gifts.....

Speaking of Xmas gifts. Coffee thans for the Ralphie picture.

We are leaving here in about an hour to go "bar hopping" and try and find a new upcoming singer songwriter. Until 9:30 when the Opry starts. BTW in case you did not guess it, we are huge Country Music people.

My brother wants me to get him a "good" banjo while I am here. NOT gonna happen. If some one gets something like that it would be me. I have never tried to play a banjo but I bet they would be fun. And if I drank enough might even sound passable.

I am feeling bad though, I have no idea how my birds are and I know my dogs are upset at me being locked in a kennel.

We went to the Jefferson Davis memorial in Fairview Ky today. Impressive structure. It is built next to where he was born. We decided to visit it incase it is removed. The monument itself is history with the type of construction and stoppage of work for WW1. This is not an endorsement of Jefferson Davis and his views on slavery, it was just us looking at a piece of history whether it is considered good or bad.

We visited a lock and dam from the TVA project. WOW how huge those earthen dams are. BTW the Tennessee river is WAY wider than the Mississippi in Elk River.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Look up the Monument on Wiki, Jefferson davis monument Fairview KY. It is interesting..
    The other pictures are the river at the lock and dam, I thought I would spare you the dead fish picture. BUT Cyrus you would be impressed.

2. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    That's my kind of view!!

3. willzpapa

willzpapa Papa Santee

Sep 26, 2015
    Hillbilly Heaven NC

Ralphies jumping the broom??? Congrats y'all

4. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Ralphie looks like great fun!
    Be careful with the moonshine though, I had some moonshine out of Thief River Falls at a wedding once, probably relatives of @gofeedthegirls , I had one shot, tasted like toilet bowl cleaner, lemon scented, I don't remember anything after that [​IMG] dangerous stuff!

Have fun about town!

couple of pics of the girls out enjoying the green grass today:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Fi my molter, the one on top in this photo, her feathers must feel weird coming in, she walks sideways, lol kinda like a drunk. On the plus side, she has started eating again! yey! she is very thin!

5. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    It was 70 here, We wore short sleeves and no jacket to the Grand Ol Opry.

The music wa atad disappointing but we had some VERY loud women from NY behind us, based on there accent and rudeness. They made it hard to hear. The louder the music got the louder they talked. Arrrrgh.

Real Country Music fans, they had no Idea who Ricky Scaggs, Bill Anderson or John Conlee were..DUH.. I have no idea why they were there, except to try my patience!

I failed on the seat picking, Now that we have been there i know which seats I would get and which ones not to get.

Time for a Mikes and then hit the sack.

6. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I am glad to see the snow is going.

7. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Those types of people are the worst at shows! I can imagine it compounds when they are coasties too..... Sorry they ruined the night for you

8. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I would not let them ruin the night, but they sure took a lot of enjoyment from the show.

I am having Turkey/chicken withdrawl, I need pictures!! Post away.

I am currently waiting for my traveling companion to wake up. I could be here to noon.

I am hoping the future Mrs Ralphie will be more of a morning person.

Did you know they have a roost all the way around in front of the balcony at the Ryman? I never realized it was such a turkey friendly place, Next trip JJ is coming with me, he gets up early at least. Even if he is a poor conversationalist.

9. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    This one is for you, ralphie :)
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Good morning all. I have no photos to post either because I am in a hotel room. We slept In later than I thought. Will head to breakfast then head home. Get on my photos. I guess I have one from yesterday. I had some BOSS crack addicts walk through a couple hundred feet of snow.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by