Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    Ralphie.. Just for u... Lol[​IMG]

2. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    How far have you made it today ralphie?

3. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Kloppers We made it to Paducah, BUT we had to give up our ways and use the freeway. We were 6 hours from Cedar Rapids and where still 10 hours from Nashville,

We found all kinds of cool things to stop and see. Docks, locks, and parks, antique stores, cool houses, old barns and sheds we needed pictures of. We wound around a ton of little roads by the river and got nowhere. We might need to make this trip again without a time schedule.

We found the best little cafe in New Boston Ill. (not on the beaten path). The Cafe made the Togo Bar look like 5 star dining. The food was great, I had catfish, I am not a hige catfish fan, they were the BEST fish I had eaten in a long time and that includes Sunnies! They steaked the fillets and the pieces were almost 2 inches thick, I was afraid of mud taste when I saw them, but not a tad.

We got a salad, fries, the fish, pepsi (the only bad part) and tapioca pudding for 5.50 each!

We found this house, it was cool.. and this is why our trip took so long, At 3pm we found the freeway and drove until 10.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BR is this another new job, or are you still an engineer without a train?

Kloppers Great work on the tools.. Do you sell them on Ebay or Craigslist? if not you should.

4. Nice House!! Same job. Doing it all.

5. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop

6. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota

Nope. I have never sold any of my projects. I make them as gifts mostly.

Those houses are really cool! I love getting off the beaten path and seeing fun stuff. Double so if it's on my motorcycle. There is lots of good scenic routes down there in the southeast corner. Down in the bluffs. Many farms and nature.

7. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    [​IMG]
    I've sanded and sanded until I couldn't feel my hands. I got the screwdrivers done and them all piled with the saws. I have the hammer handles made and the heads are gluing. Hope they will be set today yet so I can get them done. I still have to finish the Lincoln log parts too

1 person likes this.
  8. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Klop, you have an amazing gift in your wood working skills! Your nephews will have the best gifts ever!

Ralph, the best vacations remembered are the ones with unexpected finds and sights. How envious I am of you on your road trip right now!! It has been ages since we have gone any where. Thank you for sharing. Beautiful pics!

Who would have thought the coop would be getting a December airing?! That is exactly what we did today. I pulled all the bedding out, all the windows and doors were left open and I let the wind dry it out. I REALLY need to get poop boards on. I have to clean that coop out like every 2 weeks. Of course the poo boards are on my to do list but the list is so long I don't know that I ever will get to it.

9. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    We are in Nashville, in our room, Here is the view from the room, will send more later..

69 degrees here!

Have a good one.[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. erlibrd

erlibrd Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    That is quite the view, I am trying 'not your father's rootbeer' today. It's really good but one is enough because it's sweet just like root beer.
    When will you meet the new wife?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by