Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Good Morning All.

Welcome ChickenChick to the sight.

Definetely the birds and I are co-dependents. I know the kid (35 yr old) watching my birds will do fine as will the birds. They will not need anything the entire time I am gone, I filled all the feeders and waterers yesterday before we left. The only ones that might run out would be my CX's.

I moved another creamer in with the creamettes. I was trying to catch one in the bachelor pad and one jumped out and ran, road runner style like they do. I spent about 15 minutes catching him. I put him in with the others, I am tad worried about him and the old rooster, his Dad, getting alone. But they have lots of room to get away from each other. He can even sleep in the dining room if he has too, Or I have a small nesting area they have pretty much abandoned he can sleep in.

We spend the night in Cedar Rapids, Ia, I am currently in the lobby while the soon to be ex-Mrs Ralphie is having more beauty sleep. She has never been a morning person. She started talking foolish yesterday, She thinks she is going to find a better newer model at the Grand Ol Opry when I pick up Carrie. I told her to get real and settle for the best offer she has on the table now. I have generously offered her a posiyion as maid and head house keeper for Carrie and I.

We are taking backroads so no i35 this trip Kloppers. I plan to head east from here and folllow the river south for a ways then off through the farm lands of Ill. We went through Minnie's area yesterday, Crossed the Zumbrota river about a dozen times. We stopped in Dodge Center and visited the Wicked Witch of the South. (AKA MIL). I informed her, while it has not been all that pleasant having her as a MIL the tenure was almost over. She was impressed to hear about Carrie. She, knowing what is best for Judy tried to talk her into accepting the head housekeeper position. The WWE ( wicked witch of the east) is full blooded polack and she understand how stubborn her kids are because of it. So she is resigned to not being in my life. I secertly think she just wants to ride on the jet I am getting for a dowery.

I have installed new wall paper on my Iphone so I can feel closer to my birds, Here is my main wallpaper:
    [​IMG]

I have the feather from Ginger as my second one behind my apps. I think Ginger is still ticked off at me for pulling out of his back,
    [​IMG]

But it was worth him calling me a belly button to have sucha cool background.

2 people like this.
  2. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    That is so funny!!!! I have never seen that! IHowever, there are exceptions to that, Look at me, for example. ROflMAO

3. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota

If you came through dodge center you were actually closer to our farm than if you had come down I35. The wicked witch of the south doesn't live at Fairvirw Care Center does she??

4. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    I love this and this is the state of affairs in our home with the humans who have been married 115 years. Poor Ginger -the talk of Porters Turkey website- has had a feather ripped out of his back and his feather confirmation compromised so he can still snuggle!? Rofl. Just teasing Ralphie. I'm in love with that speckled sussex btw. Welcome Chickenchick11!

5. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    She lives at some senior apartments in Dodge Center right off 56. Just north of the hwy 14 by-pass they put in a few years ago.

Is Fairview CareCenter part of Fairview health ( the hospitals, Clinics, home care and hospice)?

My wife works for fairview is why I ask, I did not know there was a fairview in Dodge Center.

6. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    No it is different. The nursing home is run by the county.
    DW drives right by those apartments everyday I think. Fairview is right next to the country club on 34

7. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    I am off work today and need to go muck out a coop before I head out for some errands... Gotta get motivated!

8. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    Omg.. So funny and so true... Lol

9. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    I'm done scooping poop it's time to go have an adventure!

10. Haha! :lau

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by