Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    have a great time!

2. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    It is a problem I have heard of some women that are really attached to their FooFoo's.

I may have even met one once or twice...[​IMG]

If JJ was to eat the FooFoo do you think that would be bad?

Thanks for the safe travel wishes all of you!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. erlibrd

erlibrd Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    We have 9 wild turkys in the yard under bird feeders.

Have a good trip Ralph.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    I did talk to the feed guy. He said it depends on what they are eating for forage. They do have a mineral block. They hay is probably medium ground as far as quality but no alfalfa. Should I get alfalfa pellets to add to the grains? We did get the mixed grains the feed mill had but I don't know how often to give it to them. Everyday? How much? What are good sources of protein for cattle that is not soy? I have a spreadsheet thing I can try to post to see what you think if that will work for them. This is what my BIL and feed guy came up with yesterday. Will this work?

(9) What is a good (non-Soy, non-GMO) mix for graining cattle? See the spec's below, price would be about $11.25 /50# bag. Must order 1000 lbs minimum.

[​IMG]

5. Hello fellow Minnesotans!

I've been following (stalking :lol: ) this thread for a while now, and I figured it was time for me to say hi. :) I found these on google and Pinterest a few days ago, and they made me laugh and think of this thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    Your feed ration should work fine I would think. It is difficult to say how much to feed without knowing size and current body condition of the animals. If you have 1,000 lb cows in good body condition this ration supplemented at 5 to 6 lb. per animal daily should work.
    I personally would use soybean meal in a ration, as it would be less expensive and would not have any nutritional drawbacks. I realize that many operate based as much on emotion as they do on actual science.
    Much information would be available to you from the U of Mn.

7. Rhetts

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    [​IMG]

thanks ejb. I didn't know if this was enough protein or not. Is there a certain amount of fat to shoot for or just protein?

8. Rhetts

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Thanks ejb for suggesting the U of M. I hadn't even thought of looking there! Thanks! Lots of good stuff!

9. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Welcome to the thread @Chickenchick11 ! [​IMG] Funny Minnesota stuff you posted! [​IMG] I think there are a few people from Northern Minnesota on here [​IMG]

10. Have a blast Ralphie. Hope you're driving. Road trips make every adventure better.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by