Surviving Minnesota!

OMG Ralphie!! Haha
You should have gotten the free haircut just for the crazy story!!!
My girls are out in the snow
263a.png
The younger ones mostly.

Roger led his hens out of the coop and run today. Brought them out and settled on my front porch mat. Of course they got some BOSS. They seemed to be more confident in the snow today than I thought they would be.

Today also we had 8 Easterns visit.

I performed "ethnic Cleansing" in the creamette coop today. The two non creamettes have been moved to the other coop. I was a little disappointed in the BA. It seemed light and small to me. I know it is my youngest bird, But I thought it would be bigger.

I figured beings everyone is on lock down for 2 weeks until I get back it is a good time to move chickens, so they have lots of time to get use to their new coops.

The BA is also a cry baby, she screamed and cried the whole trip to the layers coop. She will be happier there, she just does not know it yet. The Easter egger was perfectly happy to have me carry it, I only got bit once by it.

I am thinking the half Creamette, Half Easter Egger, night be Half Creamer, half Easter Egger. Her tail is looking a little unruly for a hen. Another disappointing development.

Brought fi in again becuase she didn't eat much today if at all. she didn't touch the scrambled eggs. She only ate some meal worms. She is in a hard molt! all pokey all over. hope she starts eating soon.
sad.png

OK, please tell me what a creamette is.

I gave in and bought eggs yesterday. Luckily, I found a guy about a mile from me that sells eggs. $2.50 a dozen. So, even though most of my girls are free loading, I don't have to eat store bought eggs.

Brought fi in again becuase she didn't eat much today if at all. she didn't touch the scrambled eggs. She only ate some meal worms. She is in a hard molt! all pokey all over. hope she
starts eating soon.
sad.png
I brought in my sickly molting white chicken for a chicken feed omlet. She is in the same boat as Fi. I am petitioning to start a sister page to BYC - Kitchen Table Chickens ;)

Back
Top Bottom