Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    I am thinking of changing my hair cutting place!!

They asked what I wanted for a haircut and I told them I needed a nice one as I was getting it cut for my upcoming wedding.

They said wedding cuts were free! I was so excited. They asked how long I had known my new wife. When I told them I did not know her and would not be meeting her until next Tuesday. They asked dumb questions.

Is it a mail order bride from Russia? What do you mean you will not meet her until Tuesday? So nosey!

They asked who I was marrying, and when I told them Carrie Underwood, they took back the free cut and said I had to pay!

What is the deal with that? I am thinking of calling the justice department for unfair actions against me.

2. MinnesotaNice

MinnesotaNice Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2015
    Minnesota
    Ralphie, I heard your new DW has a thing for hockey players. Don't forget your ice skates [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  3. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

I am going to be re-training her. She is going to learn to love turkeys and Chickens. Skating is bad for us old people.

4. MinnesotaNice

MinnesotaNice Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2015
    Minnesota
    I think she'll really love Minnesota, the chickens, and your turkeys. I'm surprised this marriage didn't happen earlier.

5. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I am sure the only reason it has not happened is because she has never seen me before.

I mean. lets be honest, what woman would not want to marry me? I spend half my life fighting off women.

NOW just so you understand, I could end up marrying some other country music star, it basically comes down to the woman with the biggest jet and the largest bank account wins...

I mean, what if Reba shows up there?

6. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

Once again, thanks. So first I can open up some of that plastic across the top to create an airflow. Plus insulate that metal roof so the condensation does not create more moisture in that coop. Plus wrap the bottom 3/4 of the run with plastic over what I already have to make sure it is draft free. Thanks Ralphie! Did I 'listen' okay this time?

7. lvie

Well, then there is Judy. LOL. He likes Judy and it has been over 40 years. I think Judy is a keeper and he should be a bigamist. She would love someone to help with the laundry and the cooking.

8. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

Well, to be honest, a great jet with a nice new turkey roost, along with 50 million is hard to pass up.. Maybe Judy would like to be our maid?

9. lvie

Nah - no maid. That just does not work when there has been a previous relationship. I think bigamist is the only way to go. Gotta have a head woman and then the other women follow in the order they are attained. But that first wife is the head-honcho.

10. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

Maybe we could get one of those TV shows like "Sister Wives" on one of those channels no one watches. We could call it " Life with Ralphie in Orrock"..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by