Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. So much to read. I can't even keep up. Now I go to work and come home to read 80 posts.

Well, Ralphy. Sounds like I should visit without a camp day!! Let the birds know I am not all bad...

2. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    I read that there is a certain type of fish that is grown specifically with the intent to harvest it for turning to fishmeal. I forget the name of it.

3. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    White chicken is still not looking too great but is still drinking. no idea if she is eating. I am just about to scramble eggs and take them out to her. cant hurt to try.

My aunt from North Carolina swung through town on her way to visit my uncle in chaska unexpectedly so i ended up spending several hours in town visiting with her. Now gotta get caught up on the farm :)

4. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    I don't know why i don't just listen to you guys from the start... you always know best! I scrambled 2 pullet eggs and she ate almost all of it! I have never fed eggs back because it seems a little weird to me but now i don't even care. if that is what it takes to get her through, call me a believer!

5. erlibrd

erlibrd Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    I feed chopped HB eggs to baby chicks, my sister calls it canniblism but I prefer to think of it as momma hen nursing her babies.

6. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Having a hard time falling asleep tonight. Guess I will keep trolling BYC!

Ralphie I agree with your love of zip ties. They are so handy!

7. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    What do you think baby chicks are using for nutrition while they develop? Eggs are like highly nutritious and perfect food for chickens. Whenever i have a sick bird that gets scrambled eggs I tell them they're getting 'baby food'. Hahaha.

8. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

I have to disagree, it is more like stealing your siblings food and letting your sibling starve to death...

Not, that in retrospect, would have been all bad....

9. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    No new posts since I went to bed, This has to change,, POST POST POST!

10. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Mornin'Ralphie :) and everyone else.
    KlopKlop, so glad she is eating something! I would just keep giving her the scrambled eggs until she starts eating on her own, some, when they molt, just feel awful, not worth the trouble of eating, so we need to help them through it. Usually, they only need help for a few days (sometimes 1, sometimes up to a week) depends on the chicken.
    Well, I better get back to work, have a great day everyone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by