Surviving Minnesota!

Sorry your horse was hurt, looks painful.

If your cat is a barn cat and you expect it to eat mice naturally it'll eat bunnies too.  Don't hurt the cat. If you were nice to it you can teach it easily the rabbits are yours, just like my cats know the chickens and chicks are mine they don't go near them. 

They were taught the rabbits are ours. They know.

Layers: That is a real bummer for you and your horse. Hopefully it can be fit. Wire can tear up a horse pretty bad and fast.

Jerry: Did you eat the shaggy manes? What were they like? More roofing today or trying to stick a deer?

Minnie: It started wintery feeling here then the winds switched to the south and blew pretty hard. The wind had a "spring" aspect to it, but it was still miserable feeling.

Erlibrd: Snarky is allowed. as long as you don't bite. Biting your BYC playmates is discouraged, ask Mo3 she will tell you biting is discouraged even in pre-school

Mo3: You should be happy the oldest decided on their own they are too old. The ultimate goal of kids is getting them to the point they make responsible adult decisions and do not need your help. Good Job.

I have a day to get some work done before I need to take Judy to her next Dr appointment. I was hurting myself last night ( I know I could get new knees and hips, but I like the ones I was manufactured with, I have an emotional attachment to them) and forgot to shut the coop door. It appears I got lucky and they made the night. I hate when I leave it open.

I think Sneaks biggest wound is possibly infected... If my grandpa is at the game I will have him come home with us and look.....

Good morning, folks!
It was a bit foggy in the valley this morning. Up where we are everything looked and felt like it rained but it was just a saturating dew last night. The Sun is out though and will dry at least some of it.
I have a meeting this morning with a woman from Land Stewardship. There is an outfit wanting to bring in a big hog operation up the road, but the residents of the township are fighting it, including us. I know what they smell like, and that is only the least of the bad things about it. So, that will take up my lunchtime today.
There is still plenty of winter prep to do outside, so that will take up the afternoon. Then off to a meeting for winter sports for my daughter at school tonight. Fun stuff.
I hope you all have a good one and the sun is shining for all of you too!

Sorry to hear about your horse @I Love Layers . I hope for a speedy recovery.

I lost two Cochins yesterday early. I think it was a hawk. I don't think it realized how big they are. One practically lost it's entire wing and I had to be put down. A land predator never would have left it since she was already disabled. The other had some deep puncture wounds in her back. She went into heavy shock and I lost her. Too bad because I think I could have healed her up. I have one blue girl left wandering around trying to figure out where her buddies are. Always a bummer to lose any of my birds. However, It make me happy to see them running around free ranging eating bugs and exploring their little world.

It's so nice to see the sun today! My animals are all already soaking it up. I think I'll take my little guy out in the stroller then dig in the Halloween stash of my oldest. He doesn't need M&M's and Kit Kats anyways.....

Good morning all. Am I snarky today?
Well I don't think so. I was going to make similar suggestions.

I think Sneaks biggest wound is possibly infected... If my grandpa is at the game I will have him come home with us and look.....
Layers I'm sorry your horse is wounded. Have you got some iodine you can flush it out with? (I believe it's available pretty cheap at the pharmacy) And I will tell you that I like that Vetericyn spray. ALOT. For Animal wounds of all breeds. Hope it all goes well and Sneaks gets better fast.

Sorry about Kitties eating bunnies. Maybe need to reconsider free ranging bunnies where the kitties are mousing.

Well I don't think so. I was going to make similar suggestions.

Layers I'm sorry your horse is wounded. Have you got some iodine you can flush it out with? (I believe it's available pretty cheap at the pharmacy) And I will tell you that I like that Vetericyn spray. ALOT. For Animal wounds of all breeds. Hope it all goes well and Sneaks gets better fast.

Sorry about Kitties eating bunnies. Maybe need to reconsider free ranging bunnies where the kitties are mousing.

We use peroxide to clean wounds. It bubbles the "yuck" out and hurts less than Iodine, I think.

Sorry to hear about your horse @I Love Layers . I hope for a speedy recovery.

I lost two Cochins yesterday early. I think it was a hawk. I don't think it realized how big they are. One practically lost it's entire wing and I had to be put down. A land predator never would have left it since she was already disabled. The other had some deep puncture wounds in her back. She went into heavy shock and I lost her. Too bad because I think I could have healed her up. I have one blue girl left wandering around trying to figure out where her buddies are. Always a bummer to lose any of my birds. However, It make me happy to see them running around free ranging eating bugs and exploring their little world.

It's so nice to see the sun today! My animals are all already soaking it up. I think I'll take my little guy out in the stroller then dig in the Halloween stash of my oldest. He doesn't need M&M's and Kit Kats anyways.....
Oh man, I am sorry! Was it during the day? Owls will clip the wings or head off for easier carrying. The poor girls.

Watch that candy, girl. I am glad that I live where there are not trick or treaters or I would have a big old bowl of that stuff around tempting me. I am not supposed to eat any chocolate any more, but I am a woman and it is a staple in my diet, so I do cheat a little. Of course, there are plenty of other treats that don't have chocolate or gluten in them ;)

Back
Top Bottom