Surviving Minnesota!

thanks I have culled the whole hatch as they couldn't stand and would fall over and just twitch. And I am definitely sending the whole flock to camp just sucks cause the hens were awesome looking.
What line are they out of? Do the eggs come from birds you have?

thanks I have culled the whole hatch as they couldn't stand and would fall over and just twitch. And I am definitely sending the whole flock to camp just sucks cause the hens were awesome looking.

How many days did they incubate? What was the humidity? Can you get a different rooster to try with them, just incase it is passed down from him and not the hens? Are they breeder or Hatchery stock?

We could try any flower seeds you want Jerry. Enabling green thumbs is not such a bad thing. Interested to see if that lily comes up. Or if it was already chewed up by squirrels or it’s rotting because it got froze hard. Snow was in good abundance this year though... lots of insulation there. Lol

How many days did they incubate? What was the humidity? Can you get a different rooster to try with them, just incase it is passed down from him and not the hens? Are they breeder or Hatchery stock?
They hatched late on day 21 humidity was 42-45% and 70% at lock down to hatch. I have a feeling it may be due to many generations of inbreeding.

So....The incubator situation fell through for last night. I only gave him him about 12 hrs notice.....he's going to get everything ready for next week.

However, I got home this morning after basketball for the older two and only saw 3 hens out in the run. The 4th is planted on an egg in the nesting box, laying down flat. Granted, she's only been there a couple of hours, tops, but just in case she stays there, I slid an egg from the other box under her and 2 I collected yesterday afternoon. Snuck a couple of the golf balls out from under her. I figure if she's still on them tonight, we'll see what happens. If not, I'll collect the eggs.

View attachment 1299984
:lol: same scenario going on here. .this one has been in the bucket all day sitting on one lonely egg. I stole all her eggs for my incubator. .
There were two eggs in another bucket next to her from yesterday and today. . so I stole them and stuck them under her too.;)
20180317_142421.jpg

:lol: same scenario going on here. .this one has been in the bucket all day sitting on one lonely egg. I stole all her eggs for my incubator. .
There were two eggs in another bucket next to her from yesterday and today. . so I stole them and stuck them under her too.;)View attachment 1300815
I think may kids may have checked on her too often today. She left about dinner time and never went back.

Back
Top Bottom