Surviving Minnesota!

I need some opinions..

My Chanticlers are driving me nuts.. I have not had an egg in months..

I think they are eating them... and because I am a softy have not clipped beaks yet.. I put them in with my RP hens a few weeks back and I get eggs daily from them...

Is it possible or likely they would eat their own eggs and not the turkey eggs???

The future of the Chanticlers is in your hands.. they are one step from being burgers...
Nooo, send them to me! They are too nice to be burgers...

So... the old farm trick isnt working I'm thinking they changed the formula on quick strike to favor the masked serial killer I have. We have made the change today and stopped at o Reilly's to get some special sweetener for its favorite snack pb covered marshmellows. I hope it enjoys our labors of love. :barnie
Try Golden Marlin fly bait from the farm type stores .

We had a 3rd calf yesterday, 2 heifers and 1 bull so far.

Yesterday was windy but other than that it was really nice out so the Cochins got some time outside. Usually the Cochins are very tolerable they lay well, they have a good temperment and they don't eat eggs. Until yesterday, one of them decided to eat 7 of the broodies eggs! To say the least I was not very happy

20190331_122404.jpg
My favorite hens foot color, you can't get any better than this

20190331_123153.jpg
The two oldest chicks I am still thinking 1 pullet and 1 cockerel

20190331_122917.jpg

I finally got to cleaning the coop, and my sister moved her Wyandottes out of two of the conditioning cages so I have all 4 again.

20190331_122041.jpg
If I remember correctly this guy was hatched in May. He was one of the birds I got in TN

20190331_121818.jpg
This is the pullet I got with this cockerel, she got go into the last conditioning cage

20190331_121752.jpg

The chick that I think is a cockerel

20190331_122224.jpg

This was the 1st place black hen in TN. I really like her, she hss really good type, and foot color. And she has been laying since early January and hasn't stopped!

We had a 3rd calf yesterday, 2 heifers and 1 bull so far.

Yesterday was windy but other than that it was really nice out so the Cochins got some time outside. Usually the Cochins are very tolerable they lay well, they have a good temperment and they don't eat eggs. Until yesterday, one of them decided to eat 7 of the broodies eggs! To say the least I was not very happy

View attachment 1722364 My favorite hens foot color, you can't get any better than this

View attachment 1722365 The two oldest chicks I am still thinking 1 pullet and 1 cockerel

View attachment 1722366
I finally got to cleaning the coop, and my sister moved her Wyandottes out of two of the conditioning cages so I have all 4 again.

View attachment 1722367 If I remember correctly this guy was hatched in May. He was one of the birds I got in TN

View attachment 1722368 This is the pullet I got with this cockerel, she got go into the last conditioning cage

View attachment 1722369
The chick that I think is a cockerel

View attachment 1722370
This was the 1st place black hen in TN. I really like her, she hss really good type, and foot color. And she has been laying since early January and hasn't stopped!
Nooooo! I have a dang hen that keeps pecking a hole in her egg right after she lays it. Problem is, I don't know which hen it is. I haven't caught her in the act, just finding the still warm egg with a peck. :he And it's one of my lovely, dark Marans eggs.

Nooooo! I have a dang hen that keeps pecking a hole in her egg right after she lays it. Problem is, I don't know which hen it is. I haven't caught her in the act, just finding the still warm egg with a peck. :he And it's one of my lovely, dark Marans eggs.
Could it be a hole from a toenail ? Some hens launch violently leaving the nest .

Back
Top Bottom