Sussex!!!

I have three speckled sussex hens and they are GREAT. They are the best birds I have. They are so friendly and loving. They follow me around the yard like a dog. I am in the process of trying to find a rooster so that I can get some more of these great birds.

I beleive mine are Speckled Sussex. Here are some pics if you can tell me?

Susane

Grandma! XD
old.gif

ANY help is appreciated so thnx for your help!

I love my SS! Docile, friendly and sweet. Follow me around all the time. Very curious about everything. My roo is wonderful. Big handsome silly bag of feathers. Great with the girls, a real gentleman. Good consistant layers.

Hey everyone.
Just found this thread and was wondering if anyone here is a breeder? I have 2 speckled sussex girls. Love them to death. So friendly and curious and good layers too. As far as I can tell, except for the amount of white on the top of their heads, they are identical. Here's Nova. According to the correct standards, how does she rate? She's almost 8 months old.
Sorry, it's not quite a profile, she's at a little bit of an angle.

Hey everyone.
Just found this thread and was wondering if anyone here is a breeder? I have 2 speckled sussex girls. Love them to death. So friendly and curious and good layers too. As far as I can tell, except for the amount of white on the top of their heads, they are identical. Here's Nova. According to the correct standards, how does she rate? She's almost 8 months old.
Nice speckled sussex, does anyone have light sussex on this thread, I have'nt seen any on this thread lately!
smile.png

She looks beautiful to me, but I am no expert at all, just a chicken lover. I have one light sussex hen. Sorry I do not have a pic of Queenie, but she too is beautiful.

Hey everyone.
Check with Walt Reichert in Kentucky. He has been tearing up the ring with his large fowl Speckled Sussex. Types not bad on your girl. Get one of his roosters to put with her. Walt has info on Poutry Press and APA yearbook.
Best,
Karen

Back
Top Bottom