Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by stoneunhenged, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    TIME URGENT: Need dosage for poly-vi-sol. (Not for myself but a friend is having problems and wants to use it.)

2. TarheelBirdy

TarheelBirdy Chillin' With My Peeps

I have hatched quite a few SFH chicks that look just like your "little black" did as a chick. In fact, more than other colors at hatch.

3. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana

4. TarheelBirdy

TarheelBirdy Chillin' With My Peeps

It is interesting - I have to say I have never had one look like that at that age. And all of mine have always had very yellow legs and feet - mottled with black/grey sometimes, but with a very yellow base..

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  5. TNBEARCHICK

TNBEARCHICK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    JOHNSON CITY
    We hatched 6 more SFH this weekend, yeh.

6. Sebrightsrock

Sebrightsrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2012
    Quakertown Pennsylvania
    Updated pic of the one I asked about earlier. Is he/she going to definently turn out black? I see some greyish colored fluff in there as well.

[​IMG]

7. PugBug

PugBug Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2012
    South Louisiana
    JB a few of my pullets have some darker color on the legs. Not solid dark, but one had some darker 'lines' down the front of her legs and some have a few darker spots on the legs. Most are yellow, or yellow-ish

8. jbarrett

jbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Florida
    Thank you Thank you ! [​IMG] ive wrote it down!! this is the kind of things i need to know! keep em comin! thanks justin

9. Frizzled Pink

Frizzled Pink Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2013
    Kansas City area
    [​IMG]

Justin, here is an example of Lucy with the mottling/lines on her legs, this pic is at a weird angle -her crest looks huge here but it is really not that large

10. jbarrett

jbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Florida
    cool i have one like that but the lines are not that dark yet!!! mine is also blue!! but mines not crested! :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by