Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Mine lay well unless I pen them up. They don't like that!

I have not had one go broody yet, but mine are still young. Think my oldest girls are 10 months old.

My four hens and roo were free rangers and I bought them and then I penned them in 10 x 15 area....laid lots 3 eggs if not 4 a day from four hens.....just quit due to molting......but I give them layer, leftover, bread, grass and al sort of goodies....lots of oyster shells as well plus manna pro. My Marans are the worse layers.....

everyone is on 18% protein as well plus supplements.....I was impressed by mine and they are chicks from GFF from last spring......

UPDATE...
Penny has gone broody....again!! This is her 3rd time, she is 21 months old. She is the broodiest hen I've owned. No, I'm not giving her eggs.
barnie.gif

I think it is going to be a mild winter.

This past year I grew up a new breeding flock of Bazinga daughters, They were 19 and 20 weeks of age when someone started laying, I'd have to check my calendar to see who it was I saw in the nestbox first, but she was probably one of the 20 week olds.
I'm used to orpingtons taking 24 to 26 weeks and more. So I was happy.

Mine were all 5 months old (19-21 weeks) when they started.

Too bad that 5 months old coincided with the loss of daylight....but I know they are laying somewhere...I keep busting the dogs with eggs...

Back
Top Bottom