Swedish Flower Hen Thread

2 more sfh added to the flock well 3 but ones going in the free range flock most likely here in a few weeks pretty but not what I'm exactly after but ya can't beat free.

Now to get mine from cre in TN and I'm done..... More or less lol.

I have no idea what to change. Guess I'm just screwed. Sorry to those that tried.
Meh, stuff happens. Nothing to worry about.
smile.png
Just asking, does it have a different setting for public or invited?
2 more sfh added to the flock well 3 but ones going in the free range flock most likely here in a few weeks pretty but not what I'm exactly after but ya can't beat free.

Now to get mine from cre in TN and I'm done..... More or less lol.
Ya, I'm done..... more or less to! (for the season)
hide.gif
big_smile.png

Congrats on your new editions.

The PO is responsible for many a chick death this year in my home. No hatchery survivors in 2 shipments totaling 30 deaths. Of the shipped breeders, 14 out of 22 shipped (20 ordered) are still thriving and 1 of the deceased Lived 2 weeks and fell victim to an unfortunate accident, after spending a whole day extra in shipping more than the hatchery chicks. 4 days total.
hmm.png
1 of the hatchery shipments did have evidence of the chicks being upside down for at least some period of time with the woven matting for bedding on top of them and their legs poking through the holes that were meant for breathing.

To the credit of my next major PO 2.5 hours away, when the breeder made contact about them being still a day away from delivery, they did show some humanity and put water in the container that was already in the box. Thank you to some USPS workers!
smile.png
Others, no thanks to you.
somad.gif
The USPS cries boo-hoo that they are losing money -- no wonder with the lousy service they show. I have had luck with 3 to 4 month old shipments but refuse to order chicks by postal.

Usually regardless if I can't see it in person before hand I'm not buying. I have yet to buy hatching eggs or shipped live birds I usually find folks with good to great quality within driving distance. Though maybe one day I might give such a whirl just to see how it goes.

Hi everyone. I was looking at my rooster today, is he

holding his wings wrong? I just noticed it the last couple days. It's not hot so im guessing its just him.

My pair of swedish flower hens are 1 week old. The black one is a much better model than the other. I couldn't keep her still for a second. Couldn't get one shot of her by herself so had to get her picture with her little buddy by her side.

Last edited:
My pair of swedish flower hens are 1 week old. The black one is a much better model than the other. I couldn't keep her still for a second. Couldn't get one shot of her by herself so had to get her picture with her little buddy by her side.

Nice professional quality photo! Look at those yellow legs! Cute chicks!

Back
Top Bottom