SWEETS-THEMED HATCH-ALONG IS HERE!🍦🧁🍫🍬🍭🍩🍪🍰

Pics
I never heard of that before. Is a detached air cell where it wasn't on the bottom and was just floating in the egg? That's really weird because my eggs were straight from my coop.

I have seen it before in shipped eggs. I agree it is odd that the eggs are from you ladies have it. Anyway the air cell moves around and is not attached to the large round side of the egg. If you search on BYC you will find threads on it. The recommendation is to let the eggs sit 24-48 hours before incubation or do not turn them the first few days during incubation in hopes that it will reattach.

They are looking amazing ❤️ Temp got down to 99 when I went to go check this morning. Pumped it up a few. To top it off my turning mechanism broke and so I have to hand turn ALL the eggs including the small ones now:barnie
Oh no! Now you got to get real hands on! Be real gentle with the sweeties 🥺

I hand-turn all of mine… Bobwhite quail, King quail, LF, Bantam, Turkey, and Budgie. But, I only incubate very small numbers of eggs (usually up to 6, depending on breed). I definitely prefer letting my broodies do it, because they’re the best at it. Hand-turning will still give you a good hatch. Broodies get off the nest, so opening the incubator to turn eggs will not harm them.

Have sweet dreams Toffee and the Candy Shop Eggies! 🩷
IMG_0699.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom