SWEETS-THEMED HATCH-ALONG IS HERE!🍦🧁🍫🍬🍭🍩🍪🍰

Pics
Good night Toffee and the Candy Shop Eggies! ❤️

1716779116548.gif

All the babies except just one are doing great!
#16, Spearmint, had no blood vessels and was not moving (which, since what makes embryos move around is their heartbeat, then that means that it's heart wasn't beating.) But I also didn't see a blood ring. Maybe it had died recently.

One baby in particular is doing FANTASTIC. And that one is @Hantell's chick, baby Peachie O. He was squirmin' like crazy!! I also have a question that maybe one of you will be able to answer. Some of the eggs are big and round and some are pretty small....So you would think, and tell me if this is true or not, that the egg size will tell you how big the chick would be? I can't really wrap my brain around how tiny a chick would be coming out of a really skinny small egg.

@talkinboutchickens, sorry for my long-winded opinion. 😁 Yes, egg size does tell us how big a chick will be. Having a particular amount of space means that growth ceases when the shell is full. Conditions are perfectly timed with internal body systems coming to full development, as the chicks body fills the shell. And, that all triggers hatching. For example: due to breed genetics, a bantam chick only requires the amount of space that a smaller bantam shell provides. Small egg, small chick. I, personally, have never had a small chick hatch from a large shell. A chick takes full “advantage” of all available space, so you can determine chick size pre-hatch. It won’t remain small and underuse available space (unless there’s something wrong with the chick). On the other side of this… a few times I did wonder how such a “big” chick hatched from a smaller-sized egg. 🤣 When they hatch and stretch out those legs, it’s incredible to know that little chick was wrapped all up into such a tight little ball with really no room to move. The strength and instinct to turn their bodies inside a shell with no available room, in order to position for hatch… wow! The entire process is truly incredible!

Last edited:
@talkinboutchickens, sorry for my long-winded opinion. 😁 Yes, egg size does tell us how big a chick will be. Having a particular amount of space means that growth ceases when the shell is full. Conditions are perfectly timed with internal body systems coming to full development, as the chicks body fills the shell. And, that all triggers hatching. For example: due to breed genetics, a bantam chick only requires the amount of space that a smaller bantam shell provides. Small egg, small chick. I, personally, have never had a small chick hatch from a large shell. A chick takes full “advantage” of all available space, so you can determine chick size pre-hatch. It won’t remain small and underuse available space (unless there’s something wrong with the chick). On the other side of this… a few times I did wonder how such a “big” chick hatched from a smaller-sized egg. 🤣 When they hatch and stretch out those legs, it’s incredible to know that little chick was wrapped all up into such a tight little ball with really no room to move. The strength and instinct to turn their bodies inside a shell with no available room, in order to position for hatch… wow! The entire process is truly incredible!
Wow that is truly AMAZING. Thank you for describing it in such detail!
It looks like we are gonna get some really small chicks😆 And also some big ones as well!

Back
Top Bottom