Switching our dog to a homemade diet

I hope you can figure it out! Then when you do, let me know lol I’ve spent hundreds at two veterinarian offices trying to get to the bottom of Mallaces foot licking and chewing.

Oddly enough, the very first time she showed signs of having anything wrong with her feet... we went morel mushroom foraging over off Blewett Pass outside of Cle Elum. It was either a coincidence that the issues arose after that trip, or something happened while we were among the year old burned trees. I feel your pain on dealing with it forever. Going to try one more vet to get some kind of relief other than heavy allergy drugs. Maybe I’ll figure it out first and can help you!

I hope you can figure it out! Then when you do, let me know lol I’ve spent hundreds at two veterinarian offices trying to get to the bottom of Mallaces foot licking and chewing.

Oddly enough, the very first time she showed signs of having anything wrong with her feet... we went morel mushroom foraging over off Blewett Pass outside of Cle Elum. It was either a coincidence that the issues arose after that trip, or something happened while we were among the year old burned trees. I feel your pain on dealing with it forever. Going to try one more vet to get some kind of relief other than heavy allergy drugs. Maybe I’ll figure it out first and can help you!
Look on Dogs Naturally website. They sell a few allergy supplements, that are supposed to help. Thats the same website I'm getting my raw diet recipes from. I also bought their Guts and Glory supplement.
I like them since they are completely natural, and never add any fillers or preservatives. They seem to have really good reviews as well. I'll post a link.
I highly suggest this- https://thenaturaldogstore.com/products/four-leaf-rover-bovine-colostrum
I read an article about it, and its supposed to help a bunch. Heres the article I read as well-
https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/colostrum-for-dog-allergies/?utm_source=klaviyo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Content: Colostrum For Allergies + 35% Off BC Non Buyers - Apr 27 (TMBNXu)&_ke=eyJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogIkM0WXlWOSIsICJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJhdmVyeW1pc3R5MEBnbWFpbC5jb20ifQ==
Then a link to their website, you can scroll through the "Allergy" section and see what you see. It may be wroth a try as an alternative to drugs.
https://thenaturaldogstore.com

Its odd since he's been dealing with this forever. Its never spiked, or really went away, but sometimes he does do better then others. Not completely sure why. Maybe He's allergic to grass to, since thats something he would always be exposed to. :idunno I may try that Bovine Colostrum as well, the article really sold me lol, but it also makes a lot of sense.
So how did you vet help you with allergies? I've heard they can do blood tests to find allergens, my mom is considering telling them thats what we want, nothing else.

Last edited:
I just ordered the Bovine Colostrum for him. I'm very excited to see if it works! If it does, I'll post here so you can purchase it to @ShannonsChimkens, and see if it helps your pups.
Working from home today, so can’t spend too much time away from the computer, but going to check all that info out as well.

The vet gave her a strong anti fungal, twice, and the only thing that changed was the dark reddish/brown in her nails. That didn’t fix it completely and now her nails are back to dark brown/reddish color. Then they had her on allergy meds that was $180 for a month supply 😳 Two times we’ve tried it. It was relieving at first for her, but then soon came back again. She’s so uncomfortable now. So going to contact another vet.

Working from home today, so can’t spend too much time away from the computer, but going to check all that info out as well.

The vet gave her a strong anti fungal, twice, and the only thing that changed was the dark reddish/brown in her nails. That didn’t fix it completely and now her nails are back to dark brown/reddish color. Then they had her on allergy meds that was $180 for a month supply 😳 Two times we’ve tried it. It was relieving at first for her, but then soon came back again. She’s so uncomfortable now. So going to contact another vet.
Try that Bovine Colostrum to, or at least I will, and will tell you if it works. 😉
I hope it works for our boy, I prefer to use natural treatment rather then drugs/chemicals.
I'll tell ya how it goes! :fl

I just googled and added a generous amount to the bottom of the bathtub. I’d say 2 cups was about what I used. Just put the least amount of water you can in the tub, but make sure his feet are covered in water. I let them soak, then just gave her a bath after 20 minutes or so since she was already in there lol

I just googled and added a generous amount to the bottom of the bathtub. I’d say 2 cups was about what I used. Just put the least amount of water you can in the tub, but make sure his feet are covered in water. I let them soak, then just gave her a bath after 20 minutes or so since she was already in there lol
Perfect! Thats what I did as well. ;)
He seemed pretty comfortable, and haven't seen him licking his paws since the soak. I'll start to do that more often for him.

Back
Top Bottom