Swollen eye

dsrtchkn

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 6, 2014
Arizona
I have a 4.5month old shamo stag. Yesterdayou noticed his right eye swelling. He is acting normal, the swelling appears to be the eye itself and not around it. The third eyelid is working fine, stool looks normal, no labored breathing or anything to speak of. Here are some pics, first is of normal left eye, others are the problem eye. Any advice greatly appreciated

He may have gotten some dust, bedding, debris in it or possibly scratched.

You can flush the eye with saline to see if that helps.

If the eye or surrounding tissue continues to swell after rinsing/flushing, then you may want to separate for a couple of days to monitor him to make sure there is no other symptoms that are going to appear. Look for eye discharge with swelling, runny nostrils, coughing, wheezing, etc.

Thank you Wyorp, I actually brought him into the vet. I have high hopes for showing him and didn't want it to be contagious or anything. Turns out its nothing, his brother probably kicked him or something. They gave me some eye drops and eye cream and sent us on our way. The swelling is slowly going down and he's doing well.

Thank you Wyorp, I actually brought him into the vet. I have high hopes for showing him and didn't want it to be contagious or anything. Turns out its nothing, his brother probably kicked him or something. They gave me some eye drops and eye cream and sent us on our way. The swelling is slowly going down and he's doing well.
Glad to hear he is improving and that you found medical care
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom