Swollen eye

Thanks Kathy, looks gruesome but I have to help her. Thanks for the link it was really helpful. I just hope I don't barf half way through! I'm going to ask a friend to come help me!

It's actually kind of fun in a sick way, lol. Take pictures! Oh, what they don't mention in the link is the blood, lol, it will bleed, probably a lot!

-Kathy

Kathy, no wonder your avatar is a mad scientist.

lau.gif

So 2 friends and I cut her open like they did on the website with the peacock and got nothing. It is hard around her eye but we cut pretty deep and saw nothing, no mass or puss. She took it well and she did clot pretty quick so I think she will be ok from the trauma but who knows what to do now. Just wait and see what happens I guess. She did lay her second egg in her dog crate in the garage today! We decided to name her One Eye Wilma!

Check the cleft on her palet to see if ther is any pus in it.

This is what a healthy one looks like.
Splash-openmouth.jpg

I can't find one with pus in it but will post one when I do.

-Kathy

Last edited:
I just had a thought... Did you make the incision on the largest part of the lump? If you did it exactly where they did the peacock that might explain why you did see any pus. Sorry I didn't mention that ealrier.

-Kathy

I gave her a dose of Tylan today I think we will give her some time heal from the first butchering and try again in a few days

Some people in the peacock forum inject Tylan right into the sinus cavity, but I don't know if that's something a vet would recommend and I haven't tried it yet. Not suggesting that you do it, just wanted to share what I've read.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom