swollen eyes spreading threw my flock

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Krispy&Klean Farm, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Krispy&Klean Farm

Krispy&Klean Farm New Egg

Sep 27, 2011
    ok this one chicken i saw one day both eyes swollen shut so immediatley i took her out and started with durymacyn in her water but no progress so now in the been she was in i saw another with a swollen eye but not as bad and im hear wezzing and sniffs and stuff and near this pin i got alot of other pens non movable close to this pen and got bout 2 thousand dollars in chickens at stake here plz help i got pictures but dont knw how to upload on here

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  2. 3dogs

3dogs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2009
    southern CA
    The swollen eyes made me think of fowl pox - something going through my flock now. Do a search on fowl pox - upper right hand corner of the page. There is a lot of information. I can't address the breathing issue unless your birds have the "wet" version of the disease.

3. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    That shouldn't be fowl pox doing that. That sounds respiratory. If I had that much in birds I would find someone tomorrow to do some testing to determine just what it is.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by