Swollen faced. HELP!

Thanks so much for everyones help
smile.png
Its only been a day but the swelling is already going down! Ive still been hand feeding her antibotics and she is currently eating yogurt which is so exciting since its been hard for her to eat regular food so im hoping she is on the road to recovery. I know she probably feels miserable, but its great to see her acting as normal as she is for having such a swollen face. As far as the silkie goes, they have both been in contact for months now, and he shows no signs or symptoms like her.

And thanks for the tattoo compliments! Its been finished for almost a year now to include a barn and landscape.. its to represent the three plymouth rock hens i had growing up who meant soooo much to me! Im sure one day my beautiful Winnifred will be added to it!

why does some people want to cull so fast? i dont understand it.
sad.png
i am glad i didnt cull rosey like some people suggested. as of today which has been a week and 3 days since her problem she as far as i know is doing GREAT! she may get worse tomorrow but right now i still have her and she is happy.

Last edited:
the3ofus+oursixchicks :

why does some people want to cull so fast? i dont understand it.
sad.png
i am glad i didnt cull rosey like some people suggested. as of today which has been a week and 3 days since her problem she as far as i know is doing GREAT! she may get worse tomorrow but right now i still have her and she is happy.

One sick bird can pass a respiratory disease to other birds. Then ALL of them end up being sick. Give it time. It's your option to treat your flock or cull. My option is to cull the sick bird to prevent infecting the rest of my flock if it ever happens. They are your birds, you can do as you wish.​

Back
Top Bottom