SWOLLEN just under the eye

chickenbuttsowhat

Songster
8 Years
May 30, 2011
Danville, Arkansas
i have a standard black cochin that has a big lump just under the right eye like she was stung by something a few weeks ago at first it was just a lil swollen so i fig it would go away then it was hard as a rock now today it feels squishy and hasnt gone down or gotten worse that i can tell other then its starting to affect her beak wear its going crucked a lil so im worried she wont be able to eat or drink normal she cant open her eye cuz its so swollen that the bottom eye lid laps over the top she acts fine though and doesnt really seem to bother her but hard to tell if shes really in pain i think she is but anyways what should i do should i cut it open and see what comes out or give her something?? dont have the money to take her to the vet or i would have done so a long time ago i was just hoping over time it would fix its but i was i was very wrong can someone pls help me :'(

anyone? have any ideas
sad.png

Quote:
no her face is fine other then the big pump i think its starting to affect her breathing threw her nose aswell but to be on the safe side i put a lil of vetRX on her chest and wings and rubbed a lil on her nose

Quote:
no her face is fine other then the big pump i think its starting to affect her breathing threw her nose aswell but to be on the safe side i put a lil of vetRX on her chest and wings and rubbed a lil on her nose

hmmm sounds like something that may need to be drained?
Maybe an upper respiratory infection that caused a congestion/ build up of liquid?

Hopefully someone with more experience can help.

Can't wait to see pictures
caf.gif

Quote:
OMG! poor chicken!
hit.gif

I had no idea it was that bad
ep.gif

It almost looks like its some sort of tumor.
Is there a vet you could bring her to?
That looks like something that may be hard to treat by yourself.

Back
Top Bottom