Swollen Leg ad Bare Skin

Any ideas where these wounds are coming from? Do you have any antibiotics human left over from a vet? Do the Epsom salt compresses then treat these places with some kind of wound spray or antibiotic salve. To give oral meds I wrap in a towel like a burrito that way they can't fight and it's easier also having someone to hold like in the picture can help too then you have 2 hands free. Do you have meal worms? before starting the b complex toss some out so they get a taste for them. Meal worms are like crack to poultry once they get a taste for them they will gobble them up. You can try the b complex that way.

Ok thank
Any ideas where these wounds are coming from? Do you have any antibiotics human left over from a vet? Do the Epsom salt compresses then treat these places with some kind of wound spray or antibiotic salve. To give oral meds I wrap in a towel like a burrito that way they can't fight and it's easier also having someone to hold like in the picture can help too then you have 2 hands free. Do you have meal worms? before starting the b complex toss some out so they get a taste for them. Meal worms are like crack to poultry once they get a taste for them they will gobble them up. You can try the b complex that way.
ok thanks I’ll try that!

maybe the wounds come from being over over crowded?

Also I was wrong about our brewers ratio, we were doing 1.5 Tbs to 1 cup. At least we did one thing right!

I see Bumblefoot, but it's not in a common spot, I'm assuming they are walking on their hocks instead of their feet, and most likely the bedding would have to be very soiled for them to get an infection like that and so prominent throughout your flock. I suggest you rethink your management practices. I would assume the infection has already started to make its way of the leg, Can you take them to a vet?

I see Bumblefoot, but it's not in a common spot, I'm assuming they are walking on their hocks instead of their feet, and most likely the bedding would have to be very soiled for them to get an infection like that and so prominent throughout your flock. I suggest you rethink your management practices. I would assume the infection has already started to make its way of the leg, Can you take them to a vet?

we lost the really sick one already. We were absolutely not managing their brooder properly.

Back
Top Bottom