Swollen newborn duckling

I don't, just these 2 hatched out of 3. The 3rd died while pipping and had a massively out of proportion head when I opened the egg up to look. By dwarf do you mean, this is bred on purpose or it's just something that happens randomly? How big is yours now? Thanks for the info!
Ok. It's something that just kind of happens randomly. It can be caused by genetics too. Mine is fully grown and healthy, and living in the next state over with his siblings.
Searching "dwarf duckling" will bring up some similar results. Fingers crossed your little guy does ok! Keep me posted please!

Ok. It's something that just kind of happens randomly. It can be caused by genetics too. Mine is fully grown and healthy, and living in the next state over with his siblings.
Searching "dwarf duckling" will bring up some similar results. Fingers crossed your little guy does ok! Keep me posted please!
So weird. I guess the farmers market ladies ducks are either not great quality or it was just a fluke. He seems to be just as active as the other duck, and he eats and drinks just as much, so we'll see if he catches up. Even if he's just a tiny guy forever that's okay with me.

So weird. I guess the farmers market ladies ducks are either not great quality or it was just a fluke. He seems to be just as active as the other duck, and he eats and drinks just as much, so we'll see if he catches up. Even if he's just a tiny guy forever that's okay with me.
You could contact the lady and ask her maybe? Idk if she would have any idea though. He's either extremely runty or dwarfed. Sounds like he has an amazing new family though. I'm sure he's in wonderful hands! Let me know what happens. Hopefully he catches up. He is SO tiny compared to his buddy.

Update time! Both ducklings are doing great. The little one is..well, he's still very little 😅. He's very odd looking compared to his big sibling. He's very light in color pretty much all over. But you wouldn't know anything was different with him! He's got a big personality and keeps up with the bigger one just fine. I think he's gonna be an interesting looking little duck 😁. He is growing, be it very very slowly. But he's a chunky little thing!

Attachments

• IMG_20201230_015852600.jpg
    IMG_20201230_015852600.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20201230_015853773.jpg
    IMG_20201230_015853773.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 7
Update time! Both ducklings are doing great. The little one is..well, he's still very little 😅. He's very odd looking compared to his big sibling. He's very light in color pretty much all over. But you wouldn't know anything was different with him! He's got a big personality and keeps up with the bigger one just fine. I think he's gonna be an interesting looking little duck 😁. He is growing, be it very very slowly. But he's a chunky little thing!
Awww! Thank you so much for the update! I'm glad he's doing well. He looks so cute! ❤
I do wonder how he'll mature, it should be interesting!

Another update just because I really love sharing pictures of these 2 😅. They're both growing so fast. The little one is still about half an inch/inch smaller, but he's catching up really quick. I think the big ones gonna be like, a jumbo pekin or something 😅. He's enormous. Sorry the pictures are always in the tub, I usually take them right after I clean out the brooder.

Attachments

• IMG_20210103_235730939.jpg
    IMG_20210103_235730939.jpg
    546.6 KB · Views: 5
Another update just because I really love sharing pictures of these 2 😅. They're both growing so fast. The little one is still about half an inch/inch smaller, but he's catching up really quick. I think the big ones gonna be like, a jumbo pekin or something 😅. He's enormous. Sorry the pictures are always in the tub, I usually take them right after I clean out the brooder.
They are adorable. I used to raise tufted pekins and Campbell’s. Pekins have such a lovely personality, very friendly and cheerful. You’re doing a great job with little Mischief. But i’d seriously call the pair Double Trouble! Keep us posted i’d love to hear more.

They are adorable. I used to raise tufted pekins and Campbell’s. Pekins have such a lovely personality, very friendly and cheerful. You’re doing a great job with little Mischief. But i’d seriously call the pair Double Trouble! Keep us posted i’d love to hear more.
This post was almost 5 months ago. They're both doing great! Their names are Raspberry and Blackberry.

Back
Top Bottom