Swollen skin around hens eyes

Maplehillchickens

In the Brooder
Jun 26, 2022
My 4year old hen Jenna is blind and has been since she was a chick. But recently her eyes have gotten very swollen!!! She has a little bit of bubbly foam in the corner of one eye! She is acting pretty normal. Maybe laying down a little bit more than usual. Any ideas?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks you! No white spots on her comb that I can see. I think her skin is flaky and bald bc we are going through a pecking order right now?! No she is the only one in our flock

She may not like it, but give her a warm Epson soak. Try not to get her face wet. Then put warm compresses on her.
Do you see any puss inside the eye socket?
Maybe rub a tiny drop of Vetrx in olive oil. DELUTE! and rub it on her comb. Also, you can add a small drop of the Vetrx to her water. it will get on her beak and do its trick.

My 4year old hen Jenna is blind and has been since she was a chick. But recently her eyes have gotten very swollen!!! She has a little bit of bubbly foam in the corner of one eye! She is acting pretty normal. Maybe laying down a little bit more than usual. Any ideas?
View attachment 3250613View attachment 3250614View attachment 3250616
The puffy eye plus bubbles can be a sign of respiratory infection! I am not an expert at this, but hopefully someone who is sees this!!

The puffy eye plus bubbles can be a sign of respiratory infection! I am not an expert at this, but hopefully someone who is sees this!!
It’s worth a search on this site to find a similar post with treatment instructions and additional symptoms. Once they show signs of sickness things can progress quickly.

Back
Top Bottom