T-Day Turkey Carcass

@Free Spirit , got my turkey breast carcass boiling.

@NorthFLChick , may have to revisit your info on making those noodles.

Hen's will get to have fun this afternoon once the carcass is cooled and the broth is completed..

@Free Spirit , got my turkey breast carcass boiling.

@NorthFLChick , may have to revisit your info on making those noodles.

Hen's will get to have fun this afternoon once the carcass is cooled and the broth is completed..
thumbsup.gif
Awesome. When you bring it to an initial boil then turn it down and have it simmer (barely bubbling) the remainder of the time. Otherwise your liquid will evaporate too quickly.

The trick to a good stock, is to throw some onion ends and celery ends in with the carcass. Never bring it to a boil, just let it barely simmer for a day or so.
You'll get a clear tasty stock.

That's how I do it, the onion and celery adds just a hint of something extra. Good stuff!

@sunflour if you have any questions about the noodles, let me know. They're good.

thumbsup.gif
Awesome. When you bring it to an initial boil then turn it down and have it simmer (barely bubbling) the remainder of the time. Otherwise your liquid will evaporate too quickly.

The trick to a good stock, is to throw some onion ends and celery ends in with the carcass. Never bring it to a boil, just let it barely simmer for a day or so.
You'll get a clear tasty stock.

Gosh, gee guys, wish I had revisited y'all after I got it going. All was well til near the end, decided to put a lid over the pot. Big Mistake ! Boiled it and it turned milky
hit.gif
. Should have studied on this before making the dive. LOL. Anyway, the stock is down the drain, but rescued meat and have it in fridge for the gals tomorrow - minus those bare bones. Will do better next try.

Oh well, those usually go to the dump anyway.

That's a shame @sunflour . It will go better next time.

Back
Top Bottom