't My Tractor is near done!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by gogoalie, Jun 5, 2010.

1. gogoalie

gogoalie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Alaska
    WOO HOO! Not quite the sq footage for a hen house I am lookin' for...kinda small, & the run isn't up to sqft code either, but they're safer I guess...found a hasp & lock for the egg door, so I can rest a bit easier at night...& drum roll please:

[​IMG]

2. Chicken Chat

Chicken Chat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    It looks great gogoalie!

If it's not as big as you want, hey, that's a good excuse to build another one. From what you wrote, were they not in a coop or run before? I imagine in Alaska, you have predator issues.

I like how you set up your door pull. [​IMG]

3. gogoalie

gogoalie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Alaska
    Thank you very much! Yes, they were free run, & we guarded over them like hawks...the biggest pred issue we have are dogs...then kids, & then who knows what...[​IMG] & yes, it does give me an excuse to build another one...[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  4. Chicken Chat

Chicken Chat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Even the tiniest dog can do a lot of damage. I let mine out to free range a few years back and caught a cute little scottie dog on the property. He was so nice, then I saw the carnage. He had killed 10 of my hens. Now I have so many stray dogs in the area I can no longer let them free range which is unfortunate because they kept the tick and insect population down.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by