Take a guess please....

andreanar

Crowing
5 Years
May 16, 2014
Finger Lakes, NY
This thing has me so confused! It should be about 16 weeks old by now. I can usually tell a cock from a pullet by this age, but not with this one. Ive posted it at a few different ages before and still am nowhere. It was sold to me as Cochin pullet. It doesn't stand like a cochin, its tail is held too upright, it doesn't have pantaloon feathers. Some suggested it may be a Langshan. If its langshan, Ive noticed the pullets looking like this so there would be hope. So I'm looking for as many opinions as I can get on sex and breed. Please put an end to my confusion.
46.jpg
57.jpg
58.jpg
37.jpg

Hi. :frow

That's a pullet! :celebrate

Though I agree not what I would expect of a Cochin. Maybe Cochin cross? Or, just not up to breed standards.

Still looks like 4 toes... but I expect the middle toe to be feathered on Cochin and obviously much heavier feathered.

Hi. :frow

That's a pullet! :celebrate

Though I agree not what I would expect of a Cochin. Maybe Cochin cross? Or, just not up to breed standards.

Still looks like 4 toes... but I expect the middle toe to be feathered on Cochin and obviously much heavier feathered.
The place I got my birds keeps the breeds in their own pens/runs to ensure no mixes. It does have 4 toes. Yay for 1 guess at pullet!

Keep guessing people!!!

I keep my breeders separate to... but I won't say accidents never happen. :oops: When they do though, I don't hatch those eggs until the correct amount of time has passed, as my word is all I have. And I refuse to be just some average crappy back yard breeder. :D

Seriously though, even if a person DOES breed to the standard of perfection and has even prize winning birds... doesn't mean every bird hatched will be perfect. :he

SHE is still a pretty girl!

And I'm not guessing, I'm using my experience and deductive reasoning. :old

Back
Top Bottom